Measuring Fishing Capacity: An Application To In North Pacific Groundfish Fisheries
This research provides estimates of fishing capacity for the pollock fishery of the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands using DEA and stochastic frontier techniques. Capacity estimates are computed and compared under various model specifications, as well as before and after passage of the American Fisheries Act, which allowed for cooperatives in the pollock fishery.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.orgEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Kokkelenberg, Edward C, 1989. "Measuring Plant Capacity, Utilization and Technical Change: A Nonparametric Approach," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(3), pages 655-66, August.
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1985. "Primal and Dual Capacity Utilization: An Application to Productivity Measurement in the U.S. Automobile Industry," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 312-24, October.
- Douglas M. Larson & Brett W. House & Joseph M. Terry, 1998. "Bycatch Control in Multispecies Fisheries: A Quasi-rent Share Approach to the Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands Midwater Trawl Pollock Fishery," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(4), pages 778-792.
- JAY S. COGGINS & John R. Swinton, 1994.
"The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2 Allowances,"
Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers
378, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Coggins, Jay S. & Swinton, John R., 1996. "The Price of Pollution: A Dual Approach to Valuing SO2Allowances," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 58-72, January.
- Fried, Harold O. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Shelton S. (ed.), 1993. "The Measurement of Productive Efficiency: Techniques and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195072181.
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1985.
"On the Economic Interpretation and Measurement of Optimal Capacity Utilization with Anticipatory Expectations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 295-310, April.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1985. "On the Economic Interpretation and Measurement of Optimal Capacity Utilization with Anticipatory Expectations," NBER Working Papers 1536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coelli, Tim & Perelman, Sergio, 1999. "A comparison of parametric and non-parametric distance functions: With application to European railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 326-339, September.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Squires, Dale, 1995. "Measurement of Capacity Utilization for Revenue-Maximizing Firms," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 77-84, January.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Squires, Dale, 1993. "Capacity Utilization under Regulatory Constraints," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 76-85, February.
- Kirkley, James E & Squires, Dale, 1999. "Capacity and Capacity Utilization in Fishing Industries," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt6k91b50v, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Kalirajan, K P & Salim, R A, 1997. "Economic Reforms and Productive Capacity Realisation in Bangladesh: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 387-403, December.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Squires, Dale, 1990. "On the measurement of economic capacity utilization for multi-product industries," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 347-361, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea00:21815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.