Occupational Choice and Agricultural Labor Exits in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Dercon & Douglas Gollin, 2014. "Agriculture in African Development: Theories and Strategies," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 471-492, October.
- Keane, Michael & Moffitt, Robert, 1998.
"A Structural Model of Multiple Welfare Program Participation and Labor Supply,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(3), pages 553-589, August.
- M. Keane & R. Moffitt, "undated". "A structural model of multiple welfare program participation and labor supply," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1080-96, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- M. Keane & R. Mofitt, 1995. "A Structural Model of Multiple Welfare Program Participation and Labor Supply," Working Papers 95-4, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Michael P. Keane & Robert A. Moffitt, 1995. "A structural model of multiple welfare program participation and labor supply," Working Papers 557, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Demery, Lionel & Kuhl, Jesper, 2011.
"The (evolving) role of agriculture in poverty reduction--An empirical perspective,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 239-254, November.
- Christiaensen,Luc & Demery,Lionel & Kuhl, Jesper, 2010. "The (Evolving) Role of Agriculture in Poverty Reduction: An Empirical Perspective," WIDER Working Paper Series 036, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Alain de Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2010. "Agricultural Growth and Poverty Reduction: Additional Evidence," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Dillon, Brian & Barrett, Christopher B., 2017.
"Agricultural factor markets in Sub-Saharan Africa: An updated view with formal tests for market failure,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 64-77.
- Dillon, Brian & Barrett, Christopher B., 2014. "Agricultural factor markets in Sub-Saharan Africa : an updated view with formal tests for market failure," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7117, The World Bank.
- McCullough, Ellen B., 2017.
"Labor productivity and employment gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 133-152.
- McCullough,Ellen B., 2015. "Labor productivity and employment gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7234, The World Bank.
- Behrman, Jere R., 1999. "Labor markets in developing countries," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 43, pages 2859-2939 Elsevier.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Stefan Dercon & Douglas Gollin, 2014. "Agriculture in African Development: A Review of Theories and Strategies," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-22, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:129:y:2014:i:2:p:939-993. is not listed on IDEAS
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Davis, Benjamin & Winters, Paul & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Stamoulis, Kostas & Azzarri, Carlo & DiGiuseppe, Stefania, 2010. "A Cross-Country Comparison of Rural Income Generating Activities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Collier, Paul & Dercon, Stefan, 2014. "African Agriculture in 50Years: Smallholders in a Rapidly Changing World?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 92-101.
- Yuanyuan Gu & Arne Risa Hole & Stephanie Knox, 2013.
"Fitting the generalized multinomial logit model in Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 13(2), pages 382-397, June.
- Douglas Gollin & David Lagakos & Michael E. Waugh, 2014. "The Agricultural Productivity Gap," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(2), pages 939-993.
- Stefan Dercon, 2013. "Agriculture and development: revisiting the policy narratives," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(s1), pages 183-187, November.
- Keane, Michael P & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1997. "The Career Decisions of Young Men," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(3), pages 473-522, June.
- Gustav Ranis, 2004. "The Evolution of Development Thinking: Theory and Policy," Working Papers 886, Economic Growth Center, Yale University. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Labor and Human Capital; Teaching/Communication/Extension/Profession;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-11-20 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaae16:249275. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .