Changing Face of the Agri-Food Market: A Farmers Response and Possible Solutions from a Provincial Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilkinson, John, 2004. "The Food Processing Industry, Globalization and Developing Countries," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-18.
- Thomas Reardon & C. Peter Timmer & Christopher B. Barrett & Julio Berdegué, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1140-1146.
- Thomas Reardon & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2004. "Agrifood Sector Liberalisation and the Rise of Supermarkets in Former State-controlled Economies: A Comparative Overview," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 22, pages 515-523, September.
- Dave D. Weatherspoon & Thomas Reardon, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa: Implications for Agrifood Systems and the Rural Poor," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21, pages 333-355, May.
- Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio A. & Lundy, Mark & Schutz, Paul & Balsevich, Fernando & Hernandez, Ricardo & Perez, Edwin & Jano, Pilar & Wang, Honglin, 2004. "Supermarkets and Rural Livelihoods: A Research Method," Staff Paper Series 11818, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- David Boselie & Spencer Henson & Dave Weatherspoon, 2003. "Supermarket Procurement Practices in Developing Countries: Redefining the Roles of the Public and Private Sectors," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1155-1161.
- Joyce Cacho, 2003. "The Supermarket “Market” Phenomenon in Developing Countries: Implications for Smallholder Farmers and Investment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1162-1163.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Crop Production/Industries; Environmental Economics and Policy; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty; Institutional and Behavioral Economics; International Relations/Trade; Livestock Production/Industries; Marketing; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods; Teaching/Communication/Extension/Profession;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaae07:52098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaaeaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.