Regional specializations in the European space
In: Employment and regional development policy: Market efficiency versus policy intervention
This paper examines certain aspects both of the geographical and international economy when analysing the phenomena of national and regional specialisation. First of all the factors of specialisation are examined by directing our attention particularly to the conclusions which can be drawn from the development of quality intra-branch exchanges within the European Union. The fact that these specialisations, influencing the economic performances of the territories (regions and nations), are not neutral will be subsequently pointed out. The specialisation scheme favoured by the realisation of the economic and monetary union thus has an important impact on the convergence between European economic systems, both regional and national.
|This chapter was published in: Rollet, Philippe Employment and regional development policy: Market efficiency versus policy intervention, Verlag der ARL - Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung — Hannover, pages 90-100, 2004.|
|This item is provided by Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung (ARL) - Leibniz-Forum für Raumwissenschaften in its series Studies in Spatial Development: Chapters with number 62295.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hohenzollernstr. 11, 30161 Hannover|
Web page: http://www.arl-net.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. V. Posner, 1961. "International Trade And Technical Change," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 323-341.
- Sergio Nardis & Alessandro Goglio & Marco Malgarini, 1996. "Regional specialization and shocks in Europe: Some evidence from regional data," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 132(2), pages 197-214, September.
- Jayet, H. & Puig, J.-P. & Thisse, J.-F., . "Enjeux économiques de l'organisation du territoire," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1193, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- K.H. Midelfart & H.G. Overman & S.J. Redding & A.J. Venables, 2000. "The location of European industry," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 142, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-1193 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:arlssc:62295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.