Why Did Unemployment Disappear from Official Macro-Economic Policy Discourse in Canada?
In: New Directions for Intelligent Government in Canada: Papers in Honour of Ian Stewart
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: Fred Gorbet & Andrew Sharpe (ed.) New Directions for Intelligent Government in Canada: Papers in Honour of Ian Stewart, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, pages 127-162, 2011.|
|This item is provided by Centre for the Study of Living Standards in its series New Directions for Intelligent Government in Canada: Papers in Honour of Ian Stewart with number 06.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.csls.ca/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.csls.ca Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Setterfield, M. A. & Gordon, D. V. & Osberg, L., 1992.
"Searching for a will o' the wisp : An empirical study of the NAIRU in Canada,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 119-136, January.
- Setterfield, M.A. & Gordon, D.V. & Osberg, L., 1990. "Searching For A Will O'The Wisp: An Empirical Study Of The Nairu In Canada," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 90-04, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Richard Peach & Robert Rich & Anna Cororaton, 2011. "How does slack influence inflation?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 17(June).
- Roger Farmer, 2011.
"Animal Spirits, Financial Crises and Persistent Unemployment,"
NBER Working Papers
17137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farmer, Roger E A, 2011. "Animal Spirits, Financial Crises and Persistent Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 8439, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stéphane Pallage & Christian Zimmermann, 2006.
"On voters’ attitudes towards unemployment insurance subsidies across regions: a Canadian simulation,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 391-410, June.
- Stephane Pallage & Christian Zimmermann, 2004. "On Voters' Attitudes Towards Unemployment Insurance Subsidies across Regions: A Canadian Simulation," Working papers 2004-34, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Sharpe & Jean-Francois Arsenault & Peter Harrison, 2008. "Why Have Real Wages Lagged Labour Productivity Growth in Canada?," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 17, pages 16-27, Fall.
- John F. Helliwell & Haifang Huang, 2011.
"New measures of the costs of unemployment: Evidence from the subjective well-being of 3.3 million Americans,"
NBER Working Papers
16829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John F. Helliwell & Haifang Huang, 2014. "New Measures Of The Costs Of Unemployment: Evidence From The Subjective Well-Being Of 3.3 Million Americans," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(4), pages 1485-1502, October.
- Robert J. MacCulloch & Rafael Di Tella & Andrew J. Oswald, 2001.
"Preferences over Inflation and Unemployment: Evidence from Surveys of Happiness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 335-341, March.
- DiTella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert & Oswald, Andrew J., 2001. "Preferences over inflation and unemployment: Evidence from surveys of happiness," ZEI Working Papers B 03-2001, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Andrew Clark, 2001.
"Unemployment As A Social Norm: Psychological Evidence from Panel Data,"
DELTA Working Papers
2001-17, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Andrew E. Clark, 2003. "Unemployment as a Social Norm: Psychological Evidence from Panel Data," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 289-322, April.
- Heisz, Andrew, 2007. "Income Inequality and Redistribution in Canada: 1976 to 2004," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2007298e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Lars Osberg, 1998. "Economic Insecurity," Discussion Papers 0088, University of New South Wales, Social Policy Research Centre.
- Andrea Brandolini & Anthony B. Atkinson, 2001. "Promise and Pitfalls in the Use of "Secondary" Data-Sets: Income Inequality in OECD Countries As a Case Study," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 771-799, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:ndphis:06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Whitney Hamilton)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Whitney Hamilton to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.