Why Did Unemployment Disappear from Official Macro-Economic Policy Discourse in Canada?
In: New Directions for Intelligent Government in Canada: Papers in Honour of Ian Stewart
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: Fred Gorbet & Andrew Sharpe (ed.) New Directions for Intelligent Government in Canada: Papers in Honour of Ian Stewart, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, pages 127-162, 2011.|
|This item is provided by Centre for the Study of Living Standards in its series New Directions for Intelligent Government in Canada: Papers in Honour of Ian Stewart with number 06.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 151 Slater Street, Suite 710, Ottawa, ON K1P 5H3|
Web page: http://www.csls.ca/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.csls.ca Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea Brandolini & Anthony B. Atkinson, 2001. "Promise and Pitfalls in the Use of "Secondary" Data-Sets: Income Inequality in OECD Countries As a Case Study," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(3), pages 771-799, September.
- Richard Peach & Robert W. Rich & Anna Cororaton, 2011. "How does slack influence inflation?," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 17(June).
- Setterfield, M. A. & Gordon, D. V. & Osberg, L., 1992.
"Searching for a will o' the wisp : An empirical study of the NAIRU in Canada,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 119-136, January.
- Setterfield, M.A. & Gordon, D.V. & Osberg, L., 1990. "Searching For A Will O'The Wisp: An Empirical Study Of The Nairu In Canada," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 90-04, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Andrew Sharpe & Jean-Francois Arsenault & Peter Harrison, 2008. "Why Have Real Wages Lagged Labour Productivity Growth in Canada?," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 17, pages 16-27, Fall.
- John F. Helliwell & Haifang Huang, 2011.
"New measures of the costs of unemployment: Evidence from the subjective well-being of 3.3 million Americans,"
NBER Working Papers
16829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John F. Helliwell & Haifang Huang, 2014. "New Measures Of The Costs Of Unemployment: Evidence From The Subjective Well-Being Of 3.3 Million Americans," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(4), pages 1485-1502, October.
- Roger Farmer, 2011.
"Animal Spirits, Financial Crises and Persistent Unemployment,"
NBER Working Papers
17137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farmer, Roger E A, 2011. "Animal Spirits, Financial Crises and Persistent Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 8439, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephane Pallage & Christian Zimmermann, 2004.
"On Voters' Attitudes Towards Unemployment Insurance Subsidies across Regions: A Canadian Simulation,"
2004-34, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Stéphane Pallage & Christian Zimmermann, 2006. "On voters’ attitudes towards unemployment insurance subsidies across regions: a Canadian simulation," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 391-410, June.
- Andrew Clark, 2001.
"Unemployment As A Social Norm: Psychological Evidence from Panel Data,"
DELTA Working Papers
2001-17, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Andrew E. Clark, 2003. "Unemployment as a Social Norm: Psychological Evidence from Panel Data," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 289-322, April.
- DiTella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert & Oswald, Andrew J., 2001.
"Preferences over inflation and unemployment: Evidence from surveys of happiness,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 03-2001, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Robert J. MacCulloch & Rafael Di Tella & Andrew J. Oswald, 2001. "Preferences over Inflation and Unemployment: Evidence from Surveys of Happiness," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 335-341, March.
- Heisz, Andrew, 2007. "Income Inequality and Redistribution in Canada: 1976 to 2004," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2007298e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Lars Osberg, 1998. "Economic Insecurity," Discussion Papers 0088, University of New South Wales, Social Policy Research Centre.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:ndphis:06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.