Adverse Selection and Gains to Controllers in Corporate Freezeouts
In: Concentrated Corporate Ownership
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hermalin, Benjamin & Schwartz, Alan, 1996. "Buyouts in Large Companies," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(2), pages 351-370, June.
- Kahan, Marcel, 1993. "Sales of Corporate Control," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 368-379, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bøhren, Øyvind & Krosvik, Nils Erik, 2013. "The economics of minority freezeouts: Evidence from the courtroom," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 48-58.
- Thomas W.Bates & James S.Linck, 2007. "Shareholder Welfare in Minority Freeze-Out Bids: Are Legal Protections Sufficient? Evidence from the U.S. Market," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 5(01), pages 22-27, May.
- Beni Lauterbach & Yevgeny Mugerman, 2020. "The Effect of Institutional Investors’ Voice on the Terms and Outcome of Freeze-out Tender Offers," Quarterly Journal of Finance (QJF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 1-33, February.
- Bates, Thomas W. & Lemmon, Michael L. & Linck, James S., 2006. "Shareholder wealth effects and bid negotiation in freeze-out deals: Are minority shareholders left out in the cold?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 681-708, September.
- Dai, Ya & Guo, Liang & Kadapakkam, Palani-Rajan, 2019. "Protecting the weak: Efficacy of mandated auctions in minority buyouts," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 9-19.
- Hamdani, Assaf & Lauterbach, Beni & Mugerman, Yevgeny, 2020. "Reservation prices in shareholders’ response to freeze-out tender offers," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:5:y:2007:i:1:p:14567262 is not listed on IDEAS
- Flavio Bazzana & Eleonora Broccardo, 2013. "The role of bondholder coordination in freeze-out exchange offers," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 67-84, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:9011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.