Regulation, Barriers to Exit, and the Investment Behavior of Railroads
In: Studies in Public Regulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Sidney S. Handel, 1971. "Investment Behavior in U.S. Regulated Industries," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 213-263, Spring.
- Edward I. Altman, 1973. "Predicting Railroad Bankruptcies in America," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 184-211, Spring.
- Robert G. Harris, 1977. "Economies of Traffic Density in the Rail Freight Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 556-564, Autumn.
- John P. Gould, 1969. "The Use of Endogenous Variables in Dynamic Models of Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(4), pages 580-599.
- Robert E. Hall, 1977. "Investment, Interest Rates, and the Effects of Stabilization Policies," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 61-122.
- Richard C. Levin, 1978. "Allocation in Surface Freight Transportation: Does Rate Regulation Matter?," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(1), pages 18-45, Spring.
- Keeler, Theodore E, 1974. "Railroad Costs, Returns to Scale, and Excess Capacity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, pages 201-208.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bitzan, John D & Keeler, Theodore E, 2007. "Economies of Density and Regulatory Change in the U.S. Railroad Freight Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 157-179, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:11432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .