Unions and Wage Inequality in Canada and the United States
In: Small Differences That Matter: Labor Markets and Income Maintenance in Canada and the United States
No abstract is available for this item.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number
11146.||Handle:|| RePEc:nbr:nberch:11146||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Card, 1992. "The Effect of Unions on the Distribution of Wages: Redistribution or Relabelling?," NBER Working Papers 4195, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harry G. Johnson & Peter Mieszkowski, 1970. "The Effects of Unionization on the Distribution of Income: A General Equilibrium Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(4), pages 539-561.
- Robinson, Chris & Tomes, Nigel, 1984. "Union Wage Differentials in the Public and Private Sectors: A Simultaneous Equations Specification," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 106-127, January.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980.
"Unionism and the Dispersion of Wages,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 34(1), pages 3-23, October.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1978. "Unionism and the Dispersion of Wages," NBER Working Papers 0248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kumar, P., 1988. "Estimates of Unionism and Collective Bargaining Coverage in Canada," Papers 1988-2, Queen's at Kingston - Sch. of Indus. Relat. Papers in Industrial Relations.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1982. "Multivariate regression models for panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-46, January.
- Dennis Maki & Ignace Ng, 1990. "Effects of Trade Unions on the Earnings Differential between Males and Females: Canadian Evidence," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 305-311, May.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1971. "Three Basic Postulates for Applied Welfare Economics: An Interpretive Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 785-797, September.
- Wayne Simpson, 1985. "The Impact of Unions on the Structure of Canadian Wages: An Empirical Analysis with Microdata," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 164-181, February.
- S. Rosen, 1969. "Trade Union Power, Threat Effects and the Extent of Organization," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 185-196.
- John M. Abowd & Henry S. Farber, 1982. "Job Queues and the Union Status of Workers," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(3), pages 354-367, April.
- Pradeep Kumar & Thanasis Stengos, 1985. "Measuring the Union Relative Wage Impact: A Methodological Note," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 182-189, February.
- Robinson, Chris, 1989. "The Joint Determination of Union Status and Union Wage Effects: Some Tests of Alternative Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 639-667, June.
- Kumar, Pradeep & Stengos, Thanasis, 1986. "Interpreting the wage gap estimate from selectivity correction techniques using micro data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 191-195.
- Brown, James N & Ashenfelter, Orley, 1986. "Testing the Efficiency of Employment Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 40-87, June.
- E. Kenneth Grant & Robert Swidinsky & John Vanderkamp, 1987. "Canadian Union-Nonunion Wage Differentials," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(1), pages 93-107, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)