Union Wage Differentials in the Public and Private Sectors: A Simultaneous Equations Specification
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Minford, Patrick & Wang, Yi & Zhou, Peng, 2017. "Resolving the Public Sector Wage Premium Puzzle by Indirect Inference," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2017/13, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Moundir, Lassassi & Menna, Khaled, 2016.
"La Notion De « Femmes Au Foyer » En Algerie, Une Realite Ou Une Representation Nostalgique
[The Notion Of “ Homemaker” In Algeria, A Reality Or A Nostalgic Representation]," MPRA Paper 85740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christofides, Louis N. & Pashardes, Panos, 2002. "Self/paid-employment, public/private sector selection, and wage differentials," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 737-762, December.
- Vella, F. & Verbeek, M., 1993.
"Estmating and Interpreting Models with Endogenous Treatment Effects: The Relationship between Competing Estimators of the Union Impact on Wages,"
9351, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Vella, F. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 1993. "Estimating and interpreting models with endogenous treatment effects : The relationship between competing estimators of the union impact on wages," Discussion Paper 1993-51, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Joseph Tracy, 1988. "Comparisons Between Public and Private Sector Union Wage Differentials: Does the Legal Environment Matter?," NBER Working Papers 2755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- D’Haultfœuille, Xavier & Maurel, Arnaud, 2013.
"Inference on an extended Roy model, with an application to schooling decisions in France,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 174(2), pages 95-106.
- Arnaud Maurel & Xavier D'Haultfoeuille, 2011. "Inference on an Extended Roy Model, with an Application to Schooling Decisions in France," Working Papers 11-10, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Lemieux, 1993.
"Unions and Wage Inequality in Canada and the United States,"
NBER Chapters,in: Small Differences That Matter: Labor Markets and Income Maintenance in Canada and the United States, pages 69-108
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lemieux, T., 1993. "Unions and Wages Inequality in Canada and the United States," Cahiers de recherche 9302, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Taye Mengistae, 1998.
"Wage rates and job queues: does the public sector overpay in Ethiopia?,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1998-20, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Mengistae, Taye, 1999. "Wage rates and job queues - does the public sector overpay in Ethiopia?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2105, The World Bank.
- Toke Aidt & Zafiris Tzannatos, 2002. "Unions and Collective Bargaining : Economic Effects in a Global Environment," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15241.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pc:p:3573-3630 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hartog, Joop & Leuven, Edwin & Teulings, Coen, 2002.
"Wages and the bargaining regime in a corporatist setting: the Netherlands,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 317-331, June.
- Hartog, Joop & Leuven, Edwin & Teulings, Coen N, 1997. "Wages and the Bargaining Regime in a Corporatist Setting: The Netherlands," CEPR Discussion Papers 1706, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joop Hartog & Edwin Leuven & Coen N. Teulings, 2000. "Wages and the Bargaining Regime in a Corporist Setting: The Netherlands," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-013/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- D'Haultfoeuille, Xavier & Maurel, Arnaud, 2009.
"Inference on a Generalized Roy Model, with an Application to Schooling Decisions in France,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4606, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Xavier d'Haultfoeuille & Arnaud Maurel, 2010. "Inference on a Generalized Roy Model, with an Application to Schooling Decisions in France," Working Papers 2010-11, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Barton, Nicholas & Bold, Tessa & Sandefur, Justin, 2017. "Measuring Rents from Public Employment: Regression discontinuity evidence from Kenya," CEPR Discussion Papers 12105, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mueller, Richard E., 1998. "Public-private sector wage differentials in Canada: evidence from quantile regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 229-235, August.
- Nicholas Barton & Tessa Bold & Justin Sandefur, 2017. "Measuring Rents from Public Employment: Regression Discontinuity Evidence from Kenya - Working Paper 457," Working Papers 457, Center for Global Development.
- Gregory, Robert G. & Borland, Jeff, 1999. "Recent developments in public sector labor markets," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 3573-3630 Elsevier.
- Lemieux, Thomas, 1998. "Estimating the Effects of Unions on Wage Inequality in a Panel Data Model with Comparative Advantage and Nonrandom Selection," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 261-291, April.
- Monojit Chatterji, 2000. "Trade Union Power and Economic Efficiency," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 108, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Changhui Kang, 2003. "Union Wage Effect: New Evidence From Matched Employer-Employee Data," Departmental Working Papers wp0302, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- K.R.Shanmugam & S.Madheswaran, 2004. "Wage Differentials Between Union and Non-union Workers: An Econometric Analysis," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 413, Econometric Society.
- Volokh, Alexander, 2010. "Privatization, free riding, and industry-expanding lobbying," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 62-70, March.
- Raaj Tiagi, 2010. "Public Sector Wage Premium in Canada: Evidence from Labour Force Survey," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(4), pages 456-473, December.
- Christopher Coombs & Robert Newman & Richard Cebula & Mary White, 2015. "The Bargaining Power of Health Care Unions and Union Wage Premiums for Registered Nurses," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 442-461, December.
- Andrew Chamberlain, 2015. "Are State Workers Overpaid? Survey Evidence from Liquor Privatization in Washington State," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 347-388, December.
- Chunbing, Xing, 2006. "Human Capital and Wage Determination in Different Ownerships, 1989-97," WIDER Working Paper Series 121, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:2:y:1984:i:1:p:106-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.