Unions and Wages Inequality in Canada and the United States
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1993|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C.P. 6128, Succ. centre-ville, Montréal (PQ) H3C 3J7|
Phone: (514) 343-6557
Fax: (514) 343-7221
Web page: http://www.cireq.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wayne Simpson, 1985. "The Impact of Unions on the Structure of Canadian Wages: An Empirical Analysis with Microdata," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 164-81, February.
- S. Rosen, 1969. "Trade Union Power, Threat Effects and the Extent of Organization," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 185-196.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1978.
"Unionism and the Dispersion of Wages,"
NBER Working Papers
0248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Abowd & Henry S. Farber, 1982. "Job Queues and the Union Status of Workers," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(3), pages 354-367, April.
- Dennis Maki & Ignace Ng, 1990. "Effects of Trade Unions on the Earnings Differential between Males and Females: Canadian Evidence," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 305-11, May.
- Pradeep Kumar & Thanasis Stengos, 1985. "Measuring the Union Relative Wage Impact: A Methodological Note," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(1), pages 182-89, February.
- Kumar, P., 1988. "Estimates of Unionism and Collective Bargaining Coverage in Canada," Papers 1988-2, Queen's at Kingston - Sch. of Indus. Relat. Papers in Industrial Relations.
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1971. "Three Basic Postulates for Applied Welfare Economics: An Interpretive Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 785-97, September.
- Robinson, Chris, 1989. "The Joint Determination of Union Status and Union Wage Effects: Some Tests of Alternative Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 639-67, June.
- Brown, James N & Ashenfelter, Orley, 1986. "Testing the Efficiency of Employment Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages S40-S87, June.
- Robinson, Chris & Tomes, Nigel, 1984. "Union Wage Differentials in the Public and Private Sectors: A Simultaneous Equations Specification," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 106-27, January.
- David Card, 1992. "The Effect of Unions on the Distribution of Wages: Redistribution or Relabelling?," NBER Working Papers 4195, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1982. "Multivariate regression models for panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 5-46, January.
- E. Kenneth Grant & Robert Swidinsky & John Vanderkamp, 1987. "Canadian Union-Nonunion Wage Differentials," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(1), pages 93-107, October.
- Harry G. Johnson & Peter Mieszkowski, 1970. "The Effects of Unionization on the Distribution of Income: A General Equilibrium Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(4), pages 539-561.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montec:9302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.