Corporate Social Responsability as a Factor of Competitiveness in Croatian Companies
The paper notes the importance of the strategic approach to corporate social responsibility - CSR, the implications arising from the need of its integration into the company’s core business, its relationship with the possibility of achieving competitive advantage, as well as problems related to measuring this, generally value-based concept that is difficult to put into quantitative frameworks. The qualitative analysis of sustainability reports and CSR reports of Croatian companies are made. Analysis of those social reports realized that most of these companies connect certain segments of the CSR with its primary business, but for most companies in the sample, a non-systematic approach is identified in the segment of CSR that refers to the relationship with the community and belongs to the traditional corporate philanthropy.
|This chapter was published in: Aleksandra Krajnovic & Ivona Mikulandra Volic & Marija Predovan , , pages 451-472, 2011.|
|This item is provided by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper in its series MIC 2011: Managing Sustainability? Proceedings of the 12th International Conference, Portorož, 23–26 November 2011 [Selected Papers] with number 451-472.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cankarjeva 5, SI-6104 Koper, PO BOX 345|
Phone: 05 610 20 00
Fax: 05 610 20 15
Web page: http://www.fm-kp.si/zalozba/ISBN/978-961-266-113-7.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ziva Sharp & Nurit Zaidman, 2010. "Strategization of CSR," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(1), pages 51-71, April.
- Cochran, Philip L., 2007. "The evolution of corporate social responsibility," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 449-454.
- Logsdon, Jeanne M. & Wood, Donna J., 2002. "Business Citizenship: From Domestic to Global Level of Analysis," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 155-187, April.
- Gregory Jackson & Androniki Apostolakou, 2010. "Corporate Social Responsibility in Western Europe: An Institutional Mirror or Substitute?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 371-394, July.
- Thomas Hanke & Wolfgang Stark, 2009. "Strategy Development: Conceptual Framework on Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(3), pages 507-516, April.
- Sylvia Maxfield, 2008. "Reconciling Corporate Citizenship and Competitive Strategy: Insights from Economic Theory," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 80(2), pages 367-377, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mgt:micp11:451-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.