Population, Poverty and the Problem of Natural Resource Management
In: Proceedings of the Conference on Human and Economic Resources
The objective of the paper is to explore the interlinkage among the population growth, poverty and environmental resource use with special reference to North-East India. We calculated the correlation between changes in population and incidence of poverty and the changes in forest resources across the North-Eastern states. Also we compared the over time changes in population, poverty and changes in forest resources in the region.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Izmir University of Economics in its series Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics with number
200609.||Handle:|| RePEc:izm:prcdng:200609||Contact details of provider:|| Fax: (90) 232 279 2626|
Web page: http://eco.ieu.edu.tr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:118:y:2003:i:2:p:601-637 is not listed on IDEAS
- D. Gale Johnson, 2000. "Population, Food, and Knowledge," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 1-14, March.
- John Hartwick, 1976.
"Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources,"
220, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hartwick, John M, 1977. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investing of Rents from Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(5), pages 972-74, December.
- John Hartwick, 1977. "Intergenerational Equity and the Investment of Rents from Exhaustible Resources in a Two Sector Model," Working Papers 281, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:110:y:1995:i:2:p:353-77 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1994.
"Economic Growth and the Environment,"
NBER Working Papers
4634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buchanan, James M & Yoon, Yong J, 2000. "Symmetric Tragedies: Commons and Anticommons," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(1), pages 1-13, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:izm:prcdng:200609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ayla Ogus Binatli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.