Analysis of the Level of Development of Private Sector in Serbia During the Last Decade
In Serbia, as well as in all the countries in transition, the process of political and economic transition is based on the development of the private sector and entrepreneurship. This also implies creating a favourable business environment for the development of SMEs. The purpose of this chapter is to contribute to our understanding of the private sector and SMEs development in Serbia, as well as to identify their weakness and improvements within the considered period of time. The chapter includes an analysis of various aspects of private sector development as follows: the obstacles to the development, the role of innovation in the private sector growth and the analysis of the role of the private sector in revitalizing Serbia’s economy during the last decade. Authors also explain some of the factors which must be taken into account when considering policies for the development of the private sector in Serbia and possible routes forward.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Institute of Economic Sciences in its series Book Chapters with number
msc-13.||Handle:|| RePEc:ibg:chaptr:msc-13||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +381 11 2622 357, 2623 055
Fax: +381 11 2181 471
Web page: http://www.ien.bg.ac.rs
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jakob Klette & Samuel Kortum, 2002.
"Innovating firms and aggregate innovation,"
300, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Klette, Tor Jakob & Kortum, Samuel, 2002. "Innovating Firms and Aggregate Innovation," Memorandum 02/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Samuel Kortum, 2002. "Innovating Firms and Aggregate Innovation," NBER Working Papers 8819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Klette, Tor Jakob & Kortum, Samuel S, 2002. "Innovating Firms and Aggregate Innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 3248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Audretsch, David B, 1991. "New-Firm Survival and the Technological Regime," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 441-50, August.
- Christian Helmers & Mark Rogers, 2008. "Innovation and the Survival of New Firms Across British Regions," Economics Series Working Papers 416, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Nicholas Bloom & John Van Reenen, 2002. "Patents, Real Options and Firm Performance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(478), pages C97-C116, March.
- Tilman Altenburg & Christian von Drachenfels, 2006. "The 'New Minimalist Approach' to Private-Sector Development: A Critical Assessment," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(4), pages 387-411, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibg:chaptr:msc-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zorica Bozic)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.