Economics – Bulgaria
In: Three Social Science Disciplines in Central and Eastern Europe. Handbook on Economics, Political Science and Sociology (1989-2001)
This paper outlines the overall picture of the state of economic science in Bulgaria in the early 21st century, achieved as a result of changes in it since 1989. The analysis is carried out in five main areas - redefining the discipline, basic theoretical and methodological orientations, thematic orientation and funding, public space and academic debates and views on further development. The situation before 1989 is briefly presented, in order to understand more clearly the problems and processes of development. The main conclusion is that the economics of Bulgaria made sufficiently serious and profound changes in the subject matter and methodology of research and training in connection with the world, including especially European economic science, which is a good prerequisite for the successful integration of Bulgarian economists in the single European Research Area.
|This chapter was published in: Max Kaase & Vera Sparschuh (ed.) Three Social Science Disciplines in Central and Eastern Europe. Handbook on Economics, Political Science and Sociology (1989-2001), , chapter 4, pages 34-51, 2002.|
|This item is provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its series ERI-BAS Chapters with number 5.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+359 2) 810 40 18
Fax: (+359 2) 988 21 08
Web page: http://www.iki.bas.bg
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deirdre N. McCloskey, 2000. "Other Things Equal: How To Be Scientific in Economics," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 241-246, Spring.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov & David Smallbone & F. Welter & G. Zaman & J. Golygowski & Kostadin Kolarov & Plamen Tchipev & Radostina Bakardgieva & Xavier Richet & et al., 1996.
"Индустриалната Организация И Предприемачеството В Условията На Преход (Материали От Международна Конференция, Албена, 5 - 8 Юни 1995),"
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 8:p:1-281 edited by Митко Димитров & Кирил Тодоров, June.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov & David Smallbone & F. Welter & G. Zaman & J. Golygowski & Kostadin Kolarov & Plamen Tchipev & Radostina Bakardgieva & Xavier Richet & et al., 1996. "Industrial Organisation and Entrepreneurship in Transition (proceedings of the International Conference, Albena - Varna, Bulgaria, 5-8 June 1995)," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 7:p:1-283 edited by Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov, June.
- Plamen D. Tchipev & Jurgen Backhaus & Frank Stephen (ed.), 1998. "Mass Privatisation Schemes in Central and East European Countries. Implications on Corporate Governance," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 9:p:1-322, June.
- Bartlett, Will & Rangelova, Rossitsa, 1997. " Small Firms and Economic Transformation in Bulgaria," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 319-33, August.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Wladimir Andreff & Laszlo Csaba & N. Campos & Tatiana Houbenova-Delissivkova & Gabor Hunya & Vesselin Mintchev & Nikolay Naydenov & A. Pailhe & Rossitsa Rangelova & Plamen Tchipev & A, 1999. "Economies in Transition and the Variety of Capitalisms. Features, Changes, Convergence," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 1:p:1-527 edited by Mitko Dimitrov & Wladimir Andreff & Laszlo Csaba, June.
- Machin, Stephen & Oswald, Andrew, 2000. "UK Economics and the Future Supply of Academic Economists," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(464), pages F334-49, June.
- Garabed Minassian & Stoyan Totev, 1996. "The Bulgarian Economy in Transition Regional Aftereffects (Possibilities for Structural and Regional Redevelopment)," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 34(3), pages 49-92, June.
- Dimitrov, Mitko & Estrin, Saul & Richet, Xavier, 1998. "State Enterprises Restructuring in Bulgaria, Albania and Romania," MPRA Paper 57231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roumen Avramov & Jérôme Sgard, 1996. "Bulgaria from Enterprise Indiscipline to Financial Crisis," Working Papers 1996-10, CEPII research center.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Saul Estrin & Xavier Richet & Vesselin Mintchev & G. Zaman & Ilir Gedeshi & et al., 1997. "State Enterprise Restructuring in Bulgaria, Romania and Albania," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 2:p:1-294 edited by Mitko Dimitrov, June.
- George Petrakos, 2000. "Economic structure and change in the Balkan region: implications for integration, transition and economic cooperation," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 95-113, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bas:ecchap:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.