The condition of the economic science in Bulgaria
An overall picture of the contemporary condition of the economic science in Bulgaria is outlined, resulting from its internal changes during the last twelve years. The analysis is carried out in five main directions - redefinition of the subject, principal theoretic and methodological orientations, topical orientation and financing, social area and academic debate, and views on further development. The situation before 1989 is presented in brief in order to position and understand more clearly the problems and processes of development. Each separate direction is singled out in a way to ensure comparability between the different countries. The principal conclusion is that the economic science in Bulgaria has undergone sufficiently serious and profound changes in its subject matter and methodology of research and instruction in its connection with the world economic science, and in this number with the European economic science. This is a good prerequisite for a successful inclusion of the Bulgarian economists in the integrated space of the European research effort.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): (2002)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+359 2) 810 40 18
Fax: (+359 2) 988 21 08
Web page: http://www.iki.bas.bg
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George Petrakos, 2000. "Economic structure and change in the Balkan region: implications for integration, transition and economic cooperation," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 95-113, 03.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov (ed.), 1996.
"Industrial Organisation and Entrepreneurship in Transition (proceedings of the International Conference, Albena - Varna, Bulgaria, 5-8 June 1995),"
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 7:p:1-283, 4.
- Митко Димитров & Кирил Тодоров (ed.), 1996. "Индустриалната Организация И Предприемачеството В Условията На Преход (Материали От Международна Конференция, Албена, 5 - 8 Юни 1995)," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 8:p:1-281, 4.
- Mitko Dimitrov & et al., 1997. "State Enterprise Restructuring in Bulgaria, Romania and Albania," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 2:p:1-294 edited by Mitko Dimitrov, 4.
- Deirdre N. McCloskey, 2000. "Other Things Equal: How To Be Scientific in Economics," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 241-246, Spring.
- Bartlett, Will & Rangelova, Rossitsa, 1997. " Small Firms and Economic Transformation in Bulgaria," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 319-33, August.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Wladimir Andreff & Laszlo Csaba (ed.), 1999. "Economies in Transition and the Variety of Capitalisms. Features, Changes, Convergence," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 1:p:1-527, 4.
- Roumen Avramov & Jérôme Sgard, 1996. "Bulgaria from Enterprise Indiscipline to Financial Crisis," Working Papers 1996-10, CEPII research center.
- Plamen D. Tchipev & Jurgen Backhaus & Frank Stephen (ed.), 1998. "Mass Privatisation Schemes in Central and East European Countries. Implications on Corporate Governance," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 9:p:1-322, 4.
- Garabed Minassian & Stoyan Totev, 1996. "The Bulgarian Economy in Transition Regional Aftereffects (Possibilities for Structural and Regional Redevelopment)," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 34(3), pages 49-92, June.
- Dimitrov, Mitko & Estrin, Saul & Richet, Xavier, 1998. "State Enterprises Restructuring in Bulgaria, Albania and Romania," MPRA Paper 57231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Machin, Stephen & Oswald, Andrew, 2000. "UK Economics and the Future Supply of Academic Economists," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(464), pages F334-49, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bas:econth:y:2002:i:4:p:3-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.