The State of Economics in Bulgaria
The paper outlines the contemporary state of the economic science in Bulgaria, acquired as a result of the changes over the last 12 years. The analysis is carried out in five major directions – predefining of the subject, main theoretical and methodological orientations, thematic orientation and financing, social space and academic debates and views for further development. The situation before 1989 is briefly presented in order to position and understand clearer the issues and processes of development. The different directions have been chosen in a way that they ensure comparativeness between the different countries. The main conclusions are that the economic science in Bulgaria has undergone through sufficiently serious and deep changes in the topics and methodology of research and education, in its connection with the world, incl. Especially the European economic science, which is a good prerequisite for successful inclusion of the Bulgarian economists in the unified European research space.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): (2002)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3, Aksakov Str., 1040, Sofia|
Phone: (+359 2) 810 40 18
Fax: (+359 2) 988 21 08
Web page: http://www.iki.bas.bg
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dimitrov, Mitko & Estrin, Saul & Richet, Xavier, 1998. "State Enterprises Restructuring in Bulgaria, Albania and Romania," MPRA Paper 57231, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Plamen D. Tchipev & Jurgen Backhaus & Frank Stephen (ed.), 1998. "Mass Privatisation Schemes in Central and East European Countries. Implications on Corporate Governance," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 9:p:1-322, 03-2017.
- Deirdre N. McCloskey, 2000. "Other Things Equal: How To Be Scientific in Economics," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 241-246, Spring.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Saul Estrin & Xavier Richet & Vesselin Mintchev & G. Zaman & Ilir Gedeshi & et al., 1997. "State Enterprise Restructuring in Bulgaria, Romania and Albania," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 2:p:1-294 edited by Mitko Dimitrov, 03-2017.
- Nikolay Nenovsky, 1998. "The demand for money in Transitional economies," Post-Print halshs-00259417, HAL.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov & David Smallbone & F. Welter & G. Zaman & J. Golygowski & Kostadin Kolarov & Plamen Tchipev & Radostina Bakardgieva & Xavier Richet & et al., 1996.
"Industrial Organisation and Entrepreneurship in Transition (proceedings of the International Conference, Albena - Varna, Bulgaria, 5-8 June 1995),"
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 7:p:1-283 edited by Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov, 03-2017.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Kiril Todorov & David Smallbone & F. Welter & G. Zaman & J. Golygowski & Kostadin Kolarov & Plamen Tchipev & Radostina Bakardgieva & Xavier Richet & et al., 1996. "Индустриалната Организация И Предприемачеството В Условията На Преход (Материали От Международна Конференция, Албена, 5 - 8 Юни 1995)," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 8:p:1-281 edited by Митко Димитров & Кирил Тодоров, 03-2017.
- Roumen Avramov & Jérôme Sgard, 1996. "Bulgaria from Enterprise Indiscipline to Financial Crisis," Working Papers 1996-10, CEPII research center.
- Machin, Stephen & Oswald, Andrew, 2000. "UK Economics and the Future Supply of Academic Economists," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(464), pages 334-349, June.
- Garabed Minassian & Stoyan Totev, 1996. "The Bulgarian Economy in Transition Regional Aftereffects (Possibilities for Structural and Regional Redevelopment)," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 34(3), pages 49-92, June.
- Garabed Minassian & Stoyan Totev, 1996. "The Bulgarian Economy in Transition," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 49-92, May.
- Bartlett, Will & Rangelova, Rossitsa, 1997. "Small Firms and Economic Transformation in Bulgaria," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 319-333, August.
- Mitko Dimitrov & Wladimir Andreff & Laszlo Csaba & N. Campos & Tatiana Houbenova-Delissivkova & Gabor Hunya & Vesselin Mintchev & Nikolay Naydenov & A. Pailhe & Rossitsa Rangelova & Plamen Tchipev & A, 1999. "Economies in Transition and the Variety of Capitalisms. Features, Changes, Convergence," ERI-BAS Books, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, number 1:p:1-527 edited by Mitko Dimitrov & Wladimir Andreff & Laszlo Csaba, 03-2017.
- George Petrakos, 2000. "Economic structure and change in the Balkan region: implications for integration, transition and economic cooperation," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 95-113, 03. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bas:econth:y:2002:i:7:p:21-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.