Dennis J. Fixler
Bureau of Economic Analysis Washington, District of Columbia (United States)
Department of Commerce
Government of the United States
RePEc:edi:beagvus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles Chapters
- Dennis Fixler & Kim Zieschang, 2016. "Producing Liquidity," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022016, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Brent Moulton & Dennis Fixler, 2012. "Enhancing Public Understanding of Revisions to Preliminary Estimates: The U.S. Post-Recession Perspective on Revisions," BEA Papers 0101, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Dennis Fixler & Ryan Greenaway-McGrevy, 2012. "Valuation of Near-Market Endogenous Assets," BEA Working Papers 0083, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fixler, Dennis & Zieschang, Kimberly, 2012.
"Problems with the Measurement of Banking Services in a National Accounting Framework,"
Economics working papers
erwin_diewert-2012-14, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 04 Apr 2012.
- Erwin Diewert & Dennis Fixler & Kimberly Zieschang, 2012. "Problems with the Measurement of Banking Services in a National Accounting Framework," Discussion Papers 2012-25, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Diewert, Erwin & Fixler, Dennis & Zieschang, Kimberly, 2011. "The Measurement of Banking Services in the System of National Accounts," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2011-23, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2011.
- Dennis J. Fixler & Jeremy Nalewaik, 2010. "News, Noise, and Estimates of the "True" Unobserved State of the Economy," BEA Working Papers 0068, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Dennis Fixler, 2009. "Accounting for R&D in the National Accounts," BEA Papers 0094, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Dennis J. Fixler & Jeremy J. Nalewaik, 2007. "News, noise, and estimates of the \\"true\\" unobserved state of the economy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-34, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2007.
- J Steven Landefeld & Dennis Fixler, 2005. "Importance of Data Sharing to BEA," BEA Papers 0053, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Dennis Fixler, 2004. "Revisions to GDP Estimates in the U.S," BEA Papers 0046, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Fixler, Dennis & Zieschang, Kim, 2019. "Producing liquidity," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 115-135.
- Dennis Fixler & Marina Gindelsky & David Johnson, 2019.
"Improving the Measure of the Distribution of Personal Income,"
AEA Papers and Proceedings,
American Economic Association, vol. 109, pages 302-306, May.
- Dennis Fixler & Marina Gindelsky & David Johnson, 2019. "Improving the Measure of the Distribution of Personal Income," Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) Discussion Papers ESCoE DP-2019-14, Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE).
- Peter ven de Ven & Anne Harrison & Barbara Fraumeni & Dennis Fixler & David Johnson & Andrew Craig & Kevin Furlong, 2017. "A Consistent Data Series to Evaluate Growth and Inequality in the National Accounts Note: The views expressed in this research, including those related to statistical, methodological, technical, or op," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63, pages 437-459, December.
- Dennis Fixler, 2014. "Priorities and Directions for Future Productivity Research: A BEA Perspective," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 27, pages 10-13, Fall.
- Adam Copeland & Dennis Fixler, 2012. "Measuring The Price Of Research And Development Output," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(1), pages 166-182, March.
- Dennis Fixler & Bruce Grimm, 2006. "GDP Estimates: Rationality Tests and Turning Point Performance," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 213-229, June.
- Fixler, Dennis & Grimm, Bruce, 2004. "Revisions to GDP and related estimates," Journal of Financial Transformation, Capco Institute, vol. 11, pages 15-21.
- Fixler, Dennis J. & Siegel, Donald, 1999. "Outsourcing and productivity growth in services," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 177-194, June.
- Dennis Fixler & Kimberly Zieschang, 1999. "The productivity of the banking sector: integrating financial and production approaches to measuring financial service output," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 547-569, April.
- Fixler, Dennis & Zieschang, Kimberly D, 1991. "Measuring the Nominal Value of Financial Services in the National Income Accounts," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 53-68, January.
- Bental, Benjamin & Fixler, Dennis, 1988. "Firm behavior and the externalities of technological leadership," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1731-1746, November.
- Fixler, Dennis J. & Ben-Zion, Uri, 1982. "A generalized model of induced input innovation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 277-287.
- Dennis Fixler & David S. Johnson, 2014. "Accounting for the Distribution of Income in the U.S. National Accounts," NBER Chapters, in: Measuring Economic Sustainability and Progress, pages 213-244, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis J Fixler & Marshall B Reinsdorf & Shaunda Villones, 2010. "Measuring the services of commercial banks in the NIPA," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The IFC's contribution to the 57th ISI Session, Durban, August 2009, volume 33, pages 346-349, Bank for International Settlements.
- Dennis Fixler, 2009. "Incorporating Financial Services in a Consumer Price Index," NBER Chapters, in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 239-266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis Fixler & Marshall Reinsdorf & George Smith, 2008. "What can we learn from the new measures of bank services in national accounts? The case of the US," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), The IFC's contribution to the 56th ISI Session, Lisbon, August 2007, volume 28, pages 116-123, Bank for International Settlements.
- Dennis Fixler & John S. Greenlees & David Fenwick & Robin Lowe & Mick Silver, 2003. "Roundtable Discussion," NBER Chapters, in: Scanner Data and Price Indexes, pages 111-120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis Fixler & Mitchell Ginsburg, 2001. "Health Care Output and Prices in the Producer Price Index," NBER Chapters, in: Medical Care Output and Productivity, pages 221-270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dennis J. Fixler & Kimberly D. Zieschang, 1992. "User Costs, Shadow Prices, and the Real Output of Banks," NBER Chapters, in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 219-243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 5 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Dennis J. Fixler should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.