George C. Galster
College of Urban, Labor & Metropolitan Affairs (CULMA) Detroit, Michigan (United States)
Wayne State University
RePEc:edi:cuwayus (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Working papers Articles
- Stephen L. Ross & George C. Galster, 2005. "Fair Housing Enforcement and Changes in Discrimination between 1989 and 2000: An Exploratory Study," Working papers 2005-16, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Margery A. Turner & Stephen Ross & George C. Galster & John Yinger, 2002. "Discrimination in Metropolitan Housing Markets: National Results from Phase 1 of the Housing Discrimination Study (HDS)," Working papers 2002-16, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- G. C. Galster & J. Rothenberg, 1974. "Notes on the Specification of an Aggregative Model of Metropolitan Housing Markets," Working papers 129, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- George Galster, 2016. "The Case for Intervention in Middle Neighborhoods," Community Development Innovation Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue 01, pages 008-020.
- George C. Galster, 2008. "Quantifying the Effect of Neighbourhood on Individuals: Challenges, Alternative Approaches, and Promising Directions," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 128(1), pages 7-48.
- Galster, George & Andersson, Roger & Musterd, Sako & Kauppinen, Timo M., 2008. "Does neighborhood income mix affect earnings of adults? New evidence from Sweden," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 858-870, May.
- George Galster, 2007. "Neighbourhood Social Mix as a Goal of Housing Policy: A Theoretical Analysis," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 19-43.
- Galster, George, 2002. "An economic efficiency analysis of deconcentrating poverty populations," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 303-329, December.
- Sandra Newman & Joseph Harkness & George Galster & James Reschovsky, 2001. "Bricks and Behavior: The Repair and Maintenance Costs of Housing for Persons with Mental Illness," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 277-304.
- Harkness, Joseph & Newman, Sandra & Galster, George & Reschovsky, James, 1997. "Life-Cycle Costs of Housing for the Mentally Ill," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 223-247, September.
- Galster, George C. & Champney, Timothy F. & Williams, Yolonda, 1994. "Costs of caring for persons with long-term mental illness in alternative residential settings," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 239-248.
- Galster, George C., 1990. "Neighborhood racial change, segregationist sentiments, and affirmative marketing policies," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 344-361, May.
- George Galster, 1988. "Residential segregation in American cities: A contrary review," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 7(2), pages 93-112, May.
- Galster, George C., 1987. "Residential segregation and interracial economic disparities: A simultaneous-equations approach," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 22-44, January.
- George Galster, 1986. "The Trojan horse: Workers' democracy in the citadel of capitalism," Forum for Social Economics, Springer;The Association for Social Economics, vol. 16(1), pages 19-33, March.
- George C. Galster, 1982. "Black and White Preferences for Neighborhood Racial Composition," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 10(1), pages 39-66, March.
- Galster, George C, 1977. "A Bid-Rent Analysis of Housing Market Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 144-155, March.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
NEP FieldsNEP is an announcement service for new working papers, with a weekly report in each of many fields. This author has had 2 papers announced in NEP. These are the fields, ordered by number of announcements, along with their dates. If the author is listed in the directory of specialists for this field, a link is also provided.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, George C. Galster should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.