Quantifying the Effect of Neighbourhood on Individuals: Challenges, Alternative Approaches, and Promising Directions
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Michaela Kreyenfeld & Gert G. Wagner, 1997. "The German Socio-Economic Panel: A Representative Sample of Reunited Germany and its Parts," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 66(1), pages 7-16.
- Ed Diener, 1994. "Assessing subjective well-being: Progress and opportunities," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 103-157, February.
- Carneiro, Pedro & Heckman, James J & Masterov, Dimitriy V, 2005.
"Labor Market Discrimination and Racial Differences in Premarket Factors,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 1-39, April.
- Pedro Carneiro & James J. Heckman & Dimitriy V. Masterov, 2003. "Labor Market Discrimination and Racial Differences in Premarket Factors," NBER Working Papers 10068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carneiro, Pedro & Heckman, James J. & Masterov, Dimitriy V., 2005. "Labor Market Discrimination and Racial Differences in Premarket Factors," IZA Discussion Papers 1453, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carneiro, Pedro & Heckman, James & Masterov, Dimitriy, 2004. "Labor market discrimination and racial differences in premarket factors," Working Paper Series 2005:3, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Kevin Denny & Vincent O'sullivan, 2007.
"Can education compensate for low ability? Evidence from British data,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 657-660.
- Kevin Denny & Vincent O'Sullivan, 2004. "Can education compensate for low ability? Evidence from British data," IFS Working Papers W04/19, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Dean R. Lillard, 2005. "The Contribution and Potential of Data Harmonization for Cross-National Comparative Research," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 486, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knies, Gundi & Nandi, Alita & Platt, Lucinda, 2014.
"Life satisfaction, ethnicity and neighbourhoods: is there an effect of neighbourhood ethnic composition on life satisfaction?,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
55669, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Lucinda Platt & Gundi Knies & Alita Nandi, 2014. "Life Satisfaction, Ethnicity and Neighbourhoods: Is There an Effect of Neighbourhood Ethnic Composition on Life Satisfaction?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1407, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Knies, Gundi & Nandi, Alita & Platt, Lucinda, 2014. "Life satisfaction, ethnicity and neighbourhoods: is there an effect of neighbourhood ethnic composition on life satisfaction?," ISER Working Paper Series 2014-08, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Plum, Alexander & Knies, Gundi, 2015. "Does neighbourhood unemployment affect the springboard effect of low pay?," ISER Working Paper Series 2015-20, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Emilia Ene Jones & Florent Sari, 2016.
"L’adresse contribue-t-elle à expliquer les écarts de salaires ?. Le cas de jeunes sortant du système scolaire,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine,
Armand Colin, vol. 0(1), pages 203-244.
- Emilia Ene Jones & Florent Sari, 2015. "L’adresse contribue-t-elle à expliquer les écarts de salaires ? Le cas de jeunes sortant du système scolaire," Working Papers halshs-01112663, HAL.
- Emilia Ene Jones & Florent Sari, 2015. "L’adresse contribue-t-elle à expliquer les écarts de salaires ? Le cas de jeunes sortant du système scolaire," TEPP Research Report 2015-03, TEPP.
- Nathalie Georges & Yannick L’Horty & Florent Sari, 2015.
"Comment réduire la fracture spatiale ? Une application en Île-de-France,"
Economie & Prévision,
La Documentation Française, pages 17-37.
- Nathalie Georges & Yannick L'Horty & Florent Sari, 2012. "Comment réduire la fracture spatiale ? Une application en Ile-de-France," TEPP Research Report 2012-07, TEPP.
- Nathalie Georges & Yannick L'Horty & Florent Sari, 2012. "Comment réduire la fracture spatiale? Une application en Ile-de-France," Working Papers halshs-00809586, HAL.
- Galster, George & Santiago, Anna & Stack, Lisa & Cutsinger, Jackie, 2016. "Neighborhood effects on secondary school performance of Latino and African American youth: Evidence from a natural experiment in Denver," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 30-48.
- Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Katz, Katarina & Österberg, Torun, 2016. "Residential Segregation from Generation to Generation: Intergenerational Association in Socio-Spatial Context among Visible Minorities and the Majority Population in Metropolitan Sweden," IZA Discussion Papers 9837, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Abel Brodeur & Sarah Flèche, 2017. "Neighbors' Income, Public Goods and Well-Being," Working Papers 1719E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Bechara, Peggy & Eilers, Lea & Paloyo, Alfredo R., 2015. "In Good Company – Neighborhood Quality and Female Employment," Ruhr Economic Papers 535, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Lina Hedman & David Manley & Maarten van Ham & John Östh, 2015.
"Cumulative exposure to disadvantage and the intergenerational transmission of neighbourhood effects,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 195-215.
- Hedman, Lina & Manley, David & van Ham, Maarten & Östh, John, 2012. "Cumulative Exposure to Disadvantage and the Intergenerational Transmission of Neighbourhood Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 6794, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexandra Nonnenmacher & Jürgen Friedrichs, 2013. "The Missing Link: Deficits of Country-Level Studies. A Review of 22 Articles Explaining Life Satisfaction," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 110(3), pages 1221-1244, February.
- Sara Gleave, 2015. "Associations Between Public Housing and Individual Earnings in New Orleans," Working Papers 15-32, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Nieuwenhuis, Jaap & van Ham, Maarten & Yu, Rongqin & Branje, Susan & Meeus, Wim & Hooimeijer, Pieter, 2016. "Being Poorer than the Rest of the Neighbourhood: Relative Deprivation and Problem Behaviour of Youth," IZA Discussion Papers 10220, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0535 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sari, Florent, 2015. "Public transit and labor market outcomes: Analysis of the connections in the French agglomeration of Bordeaux," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 231-251.
- Nieuwenhuis, Jaap & Hooimeijer, Pieter & van Ham, Maarten & Meeus, Wim, 2013. "Neighbourhood Effects on Migrant Youth's Educational Commitments: An Enquiry into Personality Differences," IZA Discussion Papers 7510, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Peggy Bechara & Lea Eilers & Alfredo R. Paloyo, 2014. "In Good Company – Neighborhood Quality and Female Employment," Ruhr Economic Papers 0535, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:spr:ijphth:v:62:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s00038-017-0963-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aeq:aeqsjb:v128_y2008_i1_q1_p7-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Freudenmann). General contact details of provider: http://www.duncker-humblot.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.