Contribution à l'étude de l'investissement socialement responsable : Les stratégies de légitimation des sociétés de gestion
- Colasse, Bernard
This dissertation gives an account of a study of the emergence of socially responsible investment in France. We adopt an interpretative and qualitative approach. The research aims at understanding the process favouring the integration of socially responsible investment within financial market. We focus on the role of mutual funds. The interpretation is elaborated with legitimacy theory, more precisely with Suchman's (1995) typology. The methodological data collection is based on semi-structured interviews and complementary data. We analyse interviews with the qualitative content analysis software NVivo. The interpretation underscores legitimation strategies. Results underline the importance of creation strategy initiated by social rating agencies, regarded as experts. In particular, the diffusion of a new model to evaluating corporate social performance seems to be a vehicle for the integration of socially responsible investment within financial market.
|This book is provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/10473 and published in 2004.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.dauphine.fr/en/welcome.html|
More information through EDIRC
Keywords: socially responsible investment; corporate social responsibility; mutual funds; legitimacy theory; qualitative content analysis software NVivo; investissement socialement responsable; responsabilité sociétale des entreprises; sociétés de gestion; théorie de la légitimité; logiciel d’analyse de données qualitatives NVivo;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Berthon, 2000. "Indices et performances boursières dans l’investissement éthique," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 56(1), pages 137-143.
- Frédérique Déjean & Jean-Pascal Gond & Bernard Leca, 2004. "Measuring the unmeasured : An institutional entrepreneur strategy in an emerging industry," Post-Print halshs-00151270, HAL.
- Dierkes, Meinolf & Berthoin Antal, Ariane, 1985. "The usefulness and use of social reporting information," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 29-34.
- Jérôme Ballet & Françoise De Bry & Aurélie Carimentrand & Patrick Jolivet, 2011. "L'entreprise et l'éthique," Post-Print halshs-00771565, HAL.
- Wiseman, Joanne, 1982. "An evaluation of environmental disclosures made in corporate annual reports," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 53-63, January.
- Ivo Welch & Siew Hong Teoh & Paul Wazzan, 1995.
"The Effect of Socially Activist Investment Policies on the Financial Markets: Evidence from the South African Boycott,"
_005, University of California at Los Angeles.
- Teoh, Siew Hong & Welch, Ivo & Wazzan, C Paul, 1999. "The Effect of Socially Activist Investment Policies on the Financial Markets: Evidence from the South African Boycott," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(1), pages 35-89, January.
- Siew Hong Teoh & Christopher Paul Wazzan & Ivo Welch, 1996. "The Effect Of Socially Activist Investment Policies On The Financial Markets: Evidence From The South African Boycott," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm70, Yale School of Management.
- Carine Girard, 2001. "Une typologie de l'activisme des actionnaires minoritaires en France," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 4(3), pages 123-146, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/617 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neu, Dean, 1992. "The social construction of positive choices," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(3-4), pages 223-237.
- Mackenzie, Craig & Lewis, Alan, 1999. "Morals and Markets: The Case of Ethical Investing," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 439-452, July.
- Webley, Paul & Lewis, Alan & Mackenzie, Craig, 2001. "Commitment among ethical investors: An experimental approach," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 27-42, February.
- Caroline Marie-Jeanne, 2004. "Finance et éthique, la réconciliation ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 74(1), pages 319-332.
- Frédérique Déjean & Jean-Pascal Gond, 2004. "La responsabilité sociétale des entreprises:enjeux stratégiques et méthodologies de recherche," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 7(1), pages 5-31, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1478 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neu, D. & Warsame, H. & Pedwell, K., 1998. "Managing public impressions: environmental disclosures in annual reports," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 265-282, April.
- Richardson, Alan J., 1987. "Accounting as a legitimating institution," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 341-355, June.
- Carine Girard, 2001. "Une typologie de l'activisme des actionnaires minoritaires en France," Working Papers CREGO 1010101, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1990. "The market reaction to social responsibility disclosures: The case of the Sullivan principles signings," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 575-587.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/320 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dierkes, Meinolf & Antal, Ariane Berthoin, 1985. "The usefulness and use of social reporting information," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 29-34, January.
- Frédérique Déjean & Jean-Pascal Gond, 2004. "La responsabilité sociétale des entreprises : enjeux stratégiques et méthodologies de recherche," Post-Print halshs-00153440, HAL.
- Rockness, Joanne & Williams, Paul F., 1988. "A descriptive study of social responsibility mutual funds," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 397-411, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/657 is not listed on IDEAS
- Samuel Mercier, 2004. "L'Ethique dans les entreprises," Post-Print hal-00156446, HAL.
- Bealing, William Jr & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Fogarty, Timothy, 1996. "Early regulatory actions by the SEC: An institutional theory perspective on the dramaturgy of political exchanges," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 317-338, May.
- Bricker, Robert & Chandar, Nandini, 2000. "Where Berle and Means went wrong: a reassessment of capital market agency and financial reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 529-554, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dau:thesis:123456789/10473. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed