Early regulatory actions by the SEC: An institutional theory perspective on the dramaturgy of political exchanges
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Peter & Hopper, Trevor & Laughlin, Richard, 1991. "The new accounting history: An introduction," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(5-6), pages 395-403.
- Campbell, David R. & Parker, Larry M., 1992. "SEC communications to the independent auditors: An analysis of enforcement actions," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 297-330.
- Hopper, Trevor & Storey, John & Willmott, Hugh, 1987. "Accounting for accounting: Towards the development of a dialectical view," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 437-456, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mueller, F. & Carter, C., 2007. "`We are all managers now': Managerialism and professional engineering in UK electricity utilities," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 181-195.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:34:y:2010:i:2:p:109-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2956-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:23:y:2012:i:6:p:434-450 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lounsbury, Michael, 2008. "Institutional rationality and practice variation: New directions in the institutional analysis of practice," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 349-361.
- Shapiro, Brian & Matson, Diane, 2008. "Strategies of resistance to internal control regulation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 199-228.
- Covaleski, Mark A. & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Rittenberg, Larry, 2003. "Jurisdictional disputes over professional work: the institutionalization of the global knowledge expert," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 323-355, May.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:18:y:2015:i:2:p:200-216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bozanic, Zahn & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Huddart, Steven, 2012. "The social constitution of regulation: The endogenization of insider trading laws," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 461-481.
- MacDonald, Laura D. & Richardson, Alan J., 2004. "Identity, appropriateness and the construction of regulatory space: the formation of the Public Accountant's Council of Ontario," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(5-6), pages 489-524.
- Malcolm Anderson, 1998. "Accounting History Publications, 1995/6," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 105-124.
- Alon, Anna & Dwyer, Peggy D., 2016. "SEC's acceptance of IFRS-based financial reporting: An examination based in institutional theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 1-16.
- Marion Hutchinson, 2009. "Governance issues in accounting," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 89-92, September.
- Richard Lane & Brendan T. O'Connell, 2009. "The changing face of regulators' investigations into financial statement fraud," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 118-143, September.
- Napier, Christopher J., 2006. "Accounts of change: 30 years of historical accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(4-5), pages 445-507.
- Bernard Colasse & Christine Pochet, 2008. "De la genèse du nouveau Conseil National de la Comptabilité (2007) : un cas d'isomorphisme institutionnel ?," Post-Print halshs-00522493, HAL.
- Elbannan, Mohamed & McKinley, William, 2006. "A theory of the corporate decision to resist FASB standards: An organization theory perspective," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 601-622, October.
- Déjean, Frédérique, 2004. "Contribution à l'étude de l'investissement socialement responsable : Les stratégies de légitimation des sociétés de gestion," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/10473 edited by Colasse, Bernard, December.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3499 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eden, Lorraine & Dacin, M. Tina & Wan, William P., 2001. "Standards across borders: crossborder diffusion of the arm's length standard in North America," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-23, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:21:y:1996:i:4:p:317-338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.