Accounting for accounting: Towards the development of a dialectical view
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Peter & O'Leary, Ted, 1987. "Accounting and the construction of the governable person," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, pages 235-265.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bryer, Alice Rose, 2014. "Participation in budgeting: A critical anthropological approach," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, pages 511-530.
- Barbara Weißenberger & Gero Holthoff, 2013. "Cognitive style and connotative meaning in management accounting communication," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, pages 1-25.
- Mohammad Hudaib, 2009. "Exploring auditor independence: an interpretive approach," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 221-246, January.
- Toms, Steven, 2005. "Financial control, managerial control and accountability: evidence from the British Cotton Industry, 1700-2000," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 627-653.
- Chandana Alawattage, 2009. "Weapons of the weak: subalterns' emancipatory accounting in Ceylon Tea," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(3), pages 379-404, March.
- Bala Balachandran, 2007. "Imperialismo occidental y contabilidad en Oriente: La historia del Instituto de contadores de gestión autorizados de Sri Lanka," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA, December.
- Tharusha N. Gooneratne, 2013. "Management control research in the banking sector: A critical review and directions for future research," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 144-171, June.
- Bealing, William Jr & Dirsmith, Mark W. & Fogarty, Timothy, 1996. "Early regulatory actions by the SEC: An institutional theory perspective on the dramaturgy of political exchanges," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 317-338, May.
- Martin Kelly & Howard Davey & Neil Haigh, 1999. "Contemporary accounting education and society," Accounting Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 321-340.
- Lise Justesen, 2011. "Effects of actor-network theory in accounting research," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 161-193, February.
- Englund, Hans & Gerdin, Jonas & Burns, John, 2011. "25 Years of Giddens in accounting research: Achievements, limitations and the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, pages 494-513.
- Azham, Ali & Teck Heang, Lee & Yusof, Nor Zalina & Ojo, Marianne, 2007. "Development of auditing in Malaysia: legal, political and historical influences," MPRA Paper 28138, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Jan 2011.
- Walid Cheffi & Adel Beldi, 2005. "La Comptabilité De Gestion : Outil D'Information Ou Dispositif De Connaissance ? La Perception Des Managers," Post-Print halshs-00581150, HAL.
- Vollmer, Hendrik, 2009. "Management accounting as normal social science," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 141-150, January.
- Chwastiak, M., 1998. "Star wars at the bottom line: The accounting forum for defense contractors," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 343-360, May.
- McSWEENEY, BRENDAN, 1997. "The Unbearable Ambiguity Of Accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 691-712, October.
- Mattessich, Richard, 1995. "Conditional-normative accounting methodology: Incorporating value judgments and means-end relations of an applied science," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 259-284, May.
- Kelum Jayasinghe, 2007. "Calculative practices in a total institution," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 183-202, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:12:y:1987:i:5:p:437-456. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.