Dynamiques sociales et changement de pratiques viticoles : échanges professionnels, don et identités. Le cas des viticulteurs de deux communes dans l’Hérault
- Alter, Norbert
Changing working practices is a complex process. Using sociological concepts regarding organizations and innovation, this thesis explores the social dynamics involved in technical decisions surrounding the care of soil and the protection of vines. Using a qualitative analysis of professional networking, special attention was given to the role played by interactions between peers. The analysis reveals a system of informal cooperation ruled by the gift, where vintners exchange resources. A social capital is created by both strong and weak ties. Beyond the individual characteristics of the vintners and their farms, there is a certain correspondence between technical decisions and the positions in professional networks. However, the coexistence of practices in areas regarding types of production (Conventional,Reasoned, Organic) favours the emergence of new professional identites that regulate the relationships between vintners, setting limits on the exchange of resources. Understanding changing practices should take into account the consequences for the vintners’ identity, and their effects in terms of access to the exchange system described.
|This book is provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/10457 and published in 2012.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.dauphine.fr/en/welcome.html|
More information through EDIRC
Keywords: Professional exchanges; Qualitative social network analysis; Wine-growing; Professional Identity; Gift; Social capital; Changing of working practices; Échanges professionnels; Innovation; Analyse qualitative de réseaux; Viticulture; Identité professionnelle; Don; Capital social; Changement de pratiques;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4847 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michel Grossetti & Marie-Pierre Bès, 2003. "Dynamiques des réseaux et des cercles. Encastrements et découplages," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 103(1), pages 43-58.
- Stefano Farolfi & Etienne Montaigne, 2001. "La politique environnementale dans l'industrie vinicole méridionale - le cas de la dépollution des eaux résiduaires," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 96(1), pages 81-104.
- Yvette Harff & Hugues Lamarche, 1998. "Le travail en agriculture : nouvelles demandes, nouveaux enjeux," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 244(1), pages 3-11.
- Jean-Philippe Martin, 1997. "Le syndicalisme viticole en Languedoc sous la Ve République," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 237(1), pages 44-48.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5041 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4864 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Pierre Darré & Roger Le Guen & Bruno Lemery, 1989. "Changement technique et structure professionnelle locale en agriculture," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 192(1), pages 115-122.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dau:thesis:123456789/10457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed