The effectiveness of discriminant models based on the example of the manufacturing sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sinkey, Joseph F, Jr, 1975. "A Multivariate Statistical Analysis of the Characteristics of Problem Banks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(1), pages 21-36, March.
- Edward I. Altman, 2013. "Predicting financial distress of companies: revisiting the Z-Score and ZETA® models," Chapters, in: Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & Marcel Prokopczuk (ed.), Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 17, pages 428-456, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Blum, M, 1974. "Failing Company Discriminant-Analysis," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 1-25.
- Deakin, Eb, 1972. "Discriminant Analysis Of Predictors Of Business Failure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 167-179.
- Edmister, Robert O., 1972. "An Empirical Test of Financial Ratio Analysis for Small Business Failure Prediction," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 1477-1493, March.
- Edward I. Altman, 1968. "Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis And The Prediction Of Corporate Bankruptcy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 589-609, September.
- Micha, Bernard, 1984. "Analysis of business failures in France," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 281-291, June.
- Tomczak, Sebastian, 2014.
"Comparative analysis of liquidity ratios of bankrupt manufacturing companies,"
Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center (PRADEC), vol. 10(3), pages 1-14.
- Sebastian Tomczak, 2014. "Comparative analysis of liquidity ratios of bankrupt manufacturing companies," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 10(3), pages 151-164, October.
- Bhanu Pratap Singh & Alok Kumar Mishra, 2016. "Re-estimation and comparisons of alternative accounting based bankruptcy prediction models for Indian companies," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Ruslan Druzin, 2013. "About Possibility Of Usage Methodological Approaches To Bankruptcy Prediction," Studies and Scientific Researches. Economics Edition, "Vasile Alecsandri" University of Bacau, Faculty of Economic Sciences, issue 18.
- Ketz, Je, 1978. "Effect Of General Price-Level Adjustments On The Predictive Ability Of Financial Ratios," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16, pages 273-284.
- Appetiti, Sandro, 1984. "Identifying unsound firms in Italy : An attempt to use trend variables," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 269-279, June.
- Goudie, A W & Meeks, G, 1991. "The Exchange Rate and Company Failure in a Macro-Micro Model of the UK Company Sector," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(406), pages 444-457, May.
- Bardos, Mireille, 1998. "Detecting the risk of company failure at the Banque de France," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1405-1419, October.
- Altman, Edward I & Loris, Bettina, 1976. "A Financial Early Warning System for Over-the-Counter Broker-Dealers," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1201-1217, September.
- Sebastian Tomczak, 2014. "Comparative Analysis Of The Bankrupt Companies Of The Sector Of Animal Slaughtering And Processing," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 9(3), pages 59-86, September.
- Grice, John Stephen & Ingram, Robert W., 2001. "Tests of the generalizability of Altman's bankruptcy prediction model," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 53-61, October.
- Chun-Yu Ho & Patrick McCarthy & Yi Yang & Xuan Ye, 2013. "Bankruptcy in the pulp and paper industry: market’s reaction and prediction," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 1205-1232, December.
- Magdalena Mosionek-Schweda, 2014. "The Use Of Discriminant Analysis To Predict The Bankruptcy Of Companies Listed On The Newconnect Market," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 9(3), pages 87-105, September.
- Altman, Edward I. & Haldeman, Robert G. & Narayanan, P., 1977. "ZETATM analysis A new model to identify bankruptcy risk of corporations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 29-54, June.
- Meyer, Paul A & Pifer, Howard W, 1970. "Prediction of Bank Failures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(4), pages 853-868, September.
- Altman, Edward I. & Margaine, Michel & Schlosser, Michel & Vernimmen, Pierre, 1974. "Financial and Statistical Analysis for Commercial Loan Evaluation: A French Experience," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 195-211, March.
- Przemysław Dominiak & Mariusz Mazurkiewicz, 2011. "Analysis of the risk of company's bankruptcy in Polish food and beverage production sector using the Cox regression," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 21(1), pages 19-31.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrzej Geise & Magdalena Kuczmarska & Jarosław Pawlowski, 2021. "Corporate Failure Prediction of Construction Companies in Poland: Evidence from Logit Model," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1), pages 99-116.
- Sebastian Klaudiusz Tomczak & Piotr Staszkiewicz, 2020. "Cross-Country Application of Manufacturing Failure Models," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 13(2), pages 1-10, February.
- Sebastian Klaudiusz Tomczak, 2021. "Ratio Selection between Six Sectors in the Visegrad Group Using Parametric and Nonparametric ANOVA," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(21), pages 1-20, November.
- Gintare Giriūniene & Lukas Giriūnas & Mangirdas Morkunas & Laura Brucaite, 2019. "A Comparison on Leading Methodologies for Bankruptcy Prediction: The Case of the Construction Sector in Lithuania," Economies, MDPI, vol. 7(3), pages 1-20, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Şaban Çelik, 2013. "Micro Credit Risk Metrics: A Comprehensive Review," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 233-272, October.
- Jayasekera, Ranadeva, 2018. "Prediction of company failure: Past, present and promising directions for the future," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 196-208.
- Dimitras, A. I. & Zanakis, S. H. & Zopounidis, C., 1996. "A survey of business failures with an emphasis on prediction methods and industrial applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 487-513, May.
- Lin, Hsiou-Wei William & Lo, Huai-Chun & Wu, Ruei-Shian, 2016. "Modeling default prediction with earnings management," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 306-322.
- Balcaen, Sofie & Ooghe, Hubert, 2006.
"35 years of studies on business failure: an overview of the classic statistical methodologies and their related problems,"
The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 63-93.
- S. Balcaen & H. Ooghe, 2004. "35 years of studies on business failure: an overview of the classical statistical methodologiesand their related problems," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/248, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Francesco Ciampi & Valentina Cillo & Fabio Fiano, 2020. "Combining Kohonen maps and prior payment behavior for small enterprise default prediction," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 1007-1039, April.
- Ali DERAN & Omer ISKENDEROGLU & Incilay ERDURU, 2014. "Regional Differences and Financial Ratios: A Comparative Approach on Companies of ISE City Indexes," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(4), pages 946-955.
- Antonio David Somoza Lopez & Josep Vallverdu Calafell, 2003. "Una comparacion de la seleccion de los ratios contables en los modelos contable-financieros de prediccion de la insolvencia empresarial," Working Papers in Economics 94, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Akarsh Kainth & Ranik Raaen Wahlstrøm, 2021. "Do IFRS Promote Transparency? Evidence from the Bankruptcy Prediction of Privately Held Swedish and Norwegian Companies," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Izan, H. Y., 1984. "Corporate distress in Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 303-320, June.
- Catherine Refait, 2004.
"La prévision de la faillite fondée sur l’analyse financière de l’entreprise : un état des lieux,"
Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 162(1), pages 129-147.
- Catherine Refait-Alexandre, 2004. "La prévision de la faillite fondée sur l'analyse financière de l'entreprise : un état des lieux," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 162(1), pages 129-147.
- Tarek Ibrahim Eldomiaty & Mohamed Hashem Rashwan & Mohamed Bahaa El Din & Waleed Tayel, 2016. "Firm, industry and economic determinants of working capital at risk," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(04), pages 1-29, December.
- Kolari, James & Glennon, Dennis & Shin, Hwan & Caputo, Michele, 2002. "Predicting large US commercial bank failures," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 361-387.
- Laitinen, Erkki K., 2007. "Classification accuracy and correlation: LDA in failure prediction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(1), pages 210-225, November.
- Mauro Paoloni & Massimiliano Celli, 2018. "Crisi delle PMI e strumenti di warning. Un test di verifica nel settore manifatturiero," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2018(2), pages 85-106.
- Andrea Bedin & Monica Billio & Michele Costola & Loriana Pelizzon, 2019.
"Credit Scoring in SME Asset-Backed Securities: An Italian Case Study,"
JRFM, MDPI, vol. 12(2), pages 1-28, May.
- Bedin, Andrea & Billio, Monica & Costola, Michele & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2019. "Credit scoring in SME asset-backed securities: An Italian case study," SAFE Working Paper Series 262, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- FayÃ§al Mraihi & Inane Kanzari & Mohamed Tahar Rajhi, 2015. "Development of a Prediction Model of Failure in Tunisian Companies: Comparison between Logistic Regression and Support Vector Machines," International Journal of Empirical Finance, Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 4(3), pages 184-205.
- Altman, Edward J. & Baidya, Tara K. N. & Dias, Luiz Manoel Ribeiro, 1979. "Revisão de problemas financeiros em empresas," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 19(1), January.
- Catherine Refait-Alexandre, 2004. "A Review of Business Failure Prediction Based on Financial Analysis of the Firm [La prévision de la faillite fondée sur l'analyse financière de l'entreprise : un état des lieux]," Post-Print hal-01391654, HAL.
- Tarek Ibrahim Eldomiaty & Mohamed Hashem Rashwan, 2013. "The use of financial data to monitor competing models of firm growth," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 69-86.
More about this item
Keywordsinsolvency; models of bankruptcy prediction; manufacturing sector;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wut:journl:v:3:y:2017:p:81-97:id:1310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iopwrpl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Adam Kasperski (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iopwrpl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.