Deliberate futures: precaution and progress in social choice of sustainable technology
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mokyr, Joel, 1992. "The Lever of Riches: Technological Creativity and Economic Progress," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195074772.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- Smith, Adrian & Stirling, Andy & Berkhout, Frans, 2005. "The governance of sustainable socio-technical transitions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1491-1510, December.
- Walker, William, 2000. "Entrapment in large technology systems: institutional commitment and power relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(7-8), pages 833-846, August.
- Williams, Robin & Edge, David, 1996. "The social shaping of technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 865-899, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Geenhuizen, Marina & Ye, Qing, 2014. "Responsible innovators: open networks on the way to sustainability transitions," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 28-40.
- Geels, Frank W., 2010. "Ontologies, socio-technical transitions (to sustainability), and the multi-level perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 495-510, May.
- Einsiedel, Edna F. & Boyd, Amanda D. & Medlock, Jennifer & Ashworth, Peta, 2013. "Assessing socio-technical mindsets: Public deliberations on carbon capture and storage in the context of energy sources and climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 149-158.
- Rodwell, L.D. & Fletcher, S. & Glegg, G.A. & Campbell, M. & Rees, S.E & Ashley, M. & Linley, E.A. & Frost, M. & Earll, B. & Wynn, R.B. & Mee, L. & Almada-Villela, P. & Lear, D. & Stanger, P. & Colenut, 2014. "Marine and coastal policy in the UK: Challenges and opportunities in a new era," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 251-258.
- Anup Sam Ninan, 2009. "Gandhi's technoscience: sustainability and technology as themes of politics," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 183-196.
- Mei-Fang Fan, 2009. "Stakeholder perceptions and responses to GM crops and foods: the case of Taiwan," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 391-399.
- Dixon, Tim & Eames, Malcolm & Britnell, Judith & Watson, Georgia Butina & Hunt, Miriam, 2014. "Urban retrofitting: Identifying disruptive and sustaining technologies using performative and foresight techniques," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 131-144.
- Louise Shaxson & Michael Harrison & Molly Morgan, 2009. "Developing an evidence-based approach to environmental policy making: insights from Defra’s Evidence & Innovation Strategy," SPRU Working Paper Series 181, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Christian Webersik & Clarice Wilson, 2009. "Achieving environmental sustainability and growth in Africa: the role of science, technology and innovation," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 400-413.
- Kerschner, Christian & Ehlers, Melf-Hinrich, 2016. "A framework of attitudes towards technology in theory and practice," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 139-151.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:sustdv:v:15:y:2007:i:5:p:286-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1099-1719 .