Endogenous managerial incentive contracts in a differentiated duopoly, with and without commitment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Constantine Manasakis & Evangelos Mitrokostas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2009. "Endogenous Managerial Incentive Contracts in a Differentiated Duopoly, With and Without Commitment," Working Papers 0905, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sung Wook Joh, 1999. "Strategic Managerial Incentive Compensation In Japan: Relative Performance Evaluation And Product Market Collusion," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 303-313, May.
- Rajesh K. Aggarwal & Andrew A. Samwick, 1999.
"Executive Compensation, Strategic Competition, and Relative Performance Evaluation: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 1999-2043, December.
- Rajesh Aggarwal & Andrew A. Samwick, 1996. "Executive Compensation, Strategic Competition, and Relative Performance Evaluation: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael L. Katz, 1991.
"Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(3), pages 307-328, Autumn.
- Michael L. Katz., 1991. "Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments," Economics Working Papers 91-172, University of California at Berkeley.
- Katz, Michael L., 1991. "Game-Playing Agents: Unobservable Contracts as Precommitments," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt79b870w0, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Levent Koçkesen & Efe A. Ok, 2004.
"Strategic Delegation By Unobservable Incentive Contracts,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 71(2), pages 397-424.
- Kockesen, L. & Ok, E., 1999. "Strategic Delegation by Unobservable Incentive Contracts," Working Papers 99-11, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Thijs Jansen & Arie van Lier & Arjen van Witteloostuijn, 2009. "On the impact of managerial bonus systems on firm profit and market competition: the cases of pure profit, sales, market share and relative profits compared," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 141-153.
- Fershtman, Chaim, 1985. "Managerial incentives as a strategic variable in duopolistic environment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 245-253, June.
- Ritz, Robert A., 2008. "Strategic incentives for market share," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 586-597, March.
- Jansen, Thijs & van Lier, Arie & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen, 2007. "A note on strategic delegation: The market share case," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 531-539, June.
- Vickers, John, 1985. "Delegation and the Theory of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 138-147, Supplemen.
- Fershtman, Chaim & Judd, Kenneth L, 1987. "Equilibrium Incentives in Oligopoly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 927-940, December.
- Jensen, Michael C & Murphy, Kevin J, 1990. "Performance Pay and Top-Management Incentives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 225-264, April.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Miller, Nolan H. & Pazgal, Amit, 2005. "Strategic trade and delegated competition," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 215-231, May.
- Miller, Nolan H & Pazgal, Amit I, 2001. "The Equivalence of Price and Quantity Competition with Delegation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(2), pages 284-301, Summer.
- Nolan Miller & Amit Pazgal, 2002. "Relative performance as a strategic commitment mechanism," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 51-68.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicola Meccheri & Luciano Fanti, 2012.
"Managerial Delegation Schemes in a Duopoly with Endogenous Production Costs: A Comparison of Sales and Relative Profit Delegation under Centralised Unionisation,"
Working Paper series
44_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Nicola Meccheri & Luciano Fanti, 2012. "Managerial delegation schemes in a duopoly with endogenous production costs: a comparison of sales and relative profit delegation under centralised unionisation," Discussion Papers 2012/137, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Evangelos Mitrokostas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2014.
"Organizational structure, strategic delegation and innovation in oligopolistic industries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Evangelos Mitrokostas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2011. "Organizational structure, strategic delegation and innovation in oligopolistic industries," Working Papers 2011/09, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:3:p:282-294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yasuhiko Nakamura, 2015. "Endogenous Choice of Strategic Variables in an Asymmetric Duopoly with Respect to the Demand Functions that Firms Face," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 83(5), pages 546-567, September.
- Iván Barreda-Tarrazona & Nikolaos Georgantzís & Constantine Manasakis & Evangelos Mitrokostas & Emmanuel Petrakis, 2012. "Managerial compensation contracts in quantity-setting duopoly," Working Papers 2012/17, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Ya-Chin Wang, 2013. "Optimal R&D Policy and Managerial Delegation Under Vertically Differentiated Duopoly," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(4), pages 605-624, December.
- Luciano Fanti & Nicola Meccheri, 2010.
"Labour Incentive Schemes in a Cournot Duopoly with Simple Institutional Constraints,"
Working Paper series
38_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Luciano Fanti & Nicola Meccheri, 2010. "Labour incentive schemes in a Cournot duopoly with simple institutional constraints," Discussion Papers 2010/103, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Michael Kopel & Luca Lambertini, 2013.
"On Price Competition with Market Share Delegation Contracts,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(1), pages 40-43, January.
- M. Kopel & L. Lambertini, 2012. "On price competition with market share delegation contracts," Working Papers wp806, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Barreda-Tarrazona, Iván & Georgantzís, Nikolaos & Manasakis, Constantine & Mitrokostas, Evangelos & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2016. "Endogenous managerial compensation contracts in experimental quantity-setting duopolies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 205-217.
- Chirco, Alessandra & Scrimitore, Marcella, 2013. "Choosing price or quantity? The role of delegation and network externalities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 482-486.
- Zheng Wang, 2015. "Delegation and Vertical Externalities," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(2), pages 1128-1135.
- Domenico De Giovanni & Fabio Lamantia, 2016. "Control delegation, information and beliefs in evolutionary oligopolies," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1089-1116, December.
More about this item
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L21 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Business Objectives of the Firm
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:mgtdec:v:31:y:2010:i:8:p:531-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.