A subjectivist approach to strategic management
Acknowledging the shortcomings of contemporary research on the economics of strategy, this paper proposes a subjectivist approach to strategic management. This subjectivist perspective is originated in German economics and found its base in the Austrian school of economics. Based largely on the works on Max Weber, Alfred Schutz and Ludwig von Mises, this paper develops a subjective interpretation framework which is applied to various fields of strategic management: entrepreneurship, organisation, vertical integration, innovation, marketing and advertising. Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 24 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard N. Langlois & Nicolai J. Foss, 1996.
"Capabilities and Governance the Rebirth of Production in the Theory of Economic Organization,"
1996-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Langlois, Richard N & Foss, Nicolai J, 1999. "Capabilities and Governance: The Rebirth of Production in the Theory of Economic Organization," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 201-18.
- Richard N. Langlois & Nicolai J. Foss, 1997. "Capabilities and Governance the Rebirth of Production in the Theory of Economic Organization," DRUID Working Papers 97-2, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Klein, Daniel B, 1999. " Discovery and the Deepself," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1-2), pages 47-76.
- Lane, David, et al, 1996.
"Choice and Action,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 43-76, February.
- Langlois, Richard N & Cosgel, Metin M, 1993. "Frank Knight on Risk, Uncertainty, and the Firm: A New Interpretation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 456-65, July.
- Young Choi, 1999. "Conventions and Economic Change: A Contribution toward a Theory of Political Economy," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 245-264, October.
- Nicolai J. Foss & Volker Mahnke, 1998. "Strategy Research and the Market Process Perspective," DRUID Working Papers 98-29, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:mgtdec:v:24:y:2003:i:4:p:335-345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.