Fiscal federalism and government size in transition economies: the case of Moldova
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- International Monetary Fund, 1999. "Fiscal Federalism and Government Size in Transition Economies; The Case of Moldova," IMF Working Papers 99/176, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cullis, J. G. & Jones, P. R. & Morrissey, O., 1993. "The charge of the tax brigade : A case study of government failure and tax reforms," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 407-425, August.
- Grossman, Philip J & West, Edwin G, 1994. "Federalism and the Growth of Government Revisited," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(1-2), pages 19-32, April.
- Oates, Wallace E, 1985. "Searching for Leviathan: An Empirical Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 748-757, September.
- Inman, Robert P. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1996. "Designing tax policy in federalist economies: An overview," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 307-334, June.
- Dollery, Brian E & Worthington, Andrew C, 1996. " The Empirical Analysis of Fiscal Illusion," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 261-297, September.
- Zax, Jeffrey S, 1989. "Is There a Leviathan in Your Neighborhood?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 560-567, June.
- Winer, Stanley L, 1983. "Some Evidence on the Effect of the Separation of Spending and Taxing Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 126-140, February.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- de Mello, Luiz Jr, 2000. "Fiscal Decentralization and Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations: A Cross-Country Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 365-380, February.
- Ashworth, John & Gemmell, Norman, 1996. "Local Governments' Monopoly Power and Local Tax Reform: Theory and Evidence from the U.K," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 89(3-4), pages 393-417, December.
- John Joseph Wallis & Wallace E. Oates, 1988. "Decentralization in the Public Sector: An Empirical Study of State and Local Government," NBER Chapters,in: Fiscal Federalism: Quantitative Studies, pages 5-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Serhan Cevik, 2017.
"Size matters: fragmentation and vertical fiscal imbalances in Moldova,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 44(2), pages 367-381, May.
- Serhan Cevik, 2014. "Fragmentation and Vertical Fiscal Imbalances Lessons from Moldova," IMF Working Papers 14/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Lars Feld, 2014.
"James Buchanan’s theory of federalism: from fiscal equity to the ideal political order,"
Constitutional Political Economy,
Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 231-252, September.
- Feld, Lars P., 2014. "James Buchanan's theory of federalism: From fiscal equity to the ideal political order," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 14/06, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Jungbu Kim, 2010. "Political Institutions and Public R&D Expenditures in Democratic Countries," Working Papers EMS_2010_16, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Paolo Liberati & Agnese Sacchi, 2013.
"Tax decentralization and local government size,"
Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 183-205, October.
- Paolo Liberati & Agnese Sacchi, 2010. "Tax Decentralisation and local Government size," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0123, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- David Cantarero & Patricio Perez, 2012. "Decentralization and regional government size in Spain," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 11(3), pages 211-237, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:13:y:2001:i:2:p:255-268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.