The impact of ownership type on nursing home outcomes
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam, 1986. "The demand for health : Some new empirical evidence," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 195-233, September.
- Garcia, Jaume & Labeaga, Jose M, 1996. "Alternative Approaches to Modelling Zero Expenditure: An Application to Spanish Demand for Tobacco," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(3), pages 489-506, August.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318 Elsevier.
- Manuel Arellano & Olympia Bover, 1990. "La econometría de datos de panel," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 14(1), pages 3-45, January.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Blundell, Richard & Meghir, Costas, 1987. "Bivariate alternatives to the Tobit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 179-200.
- Jones, Andrew M, 1989. "A Double-Hurdle Model of Cigarette Consumption," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 23-39, Jan.-Mar..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dwayne Banks & Elliott Parker & Jeanne Wendel, 2001. "Strategic interaction among hospitals and nursing facilities: the efficiency effects of payment systems and vertical integration," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 119-134.
- Laura Di Giorgio & Massimo Filippini & Giuliano Masiero, 2014. "The relationship between costs and quality in nonprofit nursing homes," IdEP Economic Papers 1402, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Chou, Shin-Yi, 2002. "Asymmetric information, ownership and quality of care: an empirical analysis of nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 293-311, March.
- Virender Kumar & Edward Norton & William Encinosa, 2006. "OBRA 1987 and the quality of nursing home care," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 49-81, March.
- David C. Grabowski & Edward C. Norton, 2012. "Nursing Home Quality of Care," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 29 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2003. "Competitive spillovers across non-profit and for-profit nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-22, January.
- L. Di Giorgio & M. Filippini & G. Masiero, 2016. "Is higher nursing home quality more costly?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(8), pages 1011-1026, November.
- Ben-Ner Avner & Karaca-Mandic Pinar & Ren Ting, 2012. "Ownership and Quality in Markets with Asymmetric Information: Evidence from Nursing Homes," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-33, October.
- Pierre Koning & JoÃ«lle Noailly & Sabine Visser, 2007. "Do non-profits make a difference? Evaluating non-profit vis-Ã -vis for-profit organisations in social services," CPB Document 142, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Eric Christensen & Richard Arnould, 2005. "The Impact of Asymmetric Information and Ownership on Nursing Home Access," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 273-297, September.
- Pierre Koning & Joëlle Noailly & Sabine Visser, 2007. "Do Not-For-Profits Make a Difference in Social Services? A Survey Study," De Economist, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 251-270, September.
- Mary Carter & Shuhui Wang, 2006. "Quality of Care in Appalachian Nursing Homes: Doing More with Less?," Working Papers Working Paper 2006-06, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Dewaelheyns, Nico & Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur, 2009. "Do non-profit nursing homes separate governance roles?: The impact of size and ownership characteristics," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(2-3), pages 188-195, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:7:y:1998:i:7:p:639-653. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .