Nursing Home Quality of Care
In: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics
The aim of The Elgar Companion to Health Economics is to take an audience of advanced undergraduates, postgraduates and researchers to the frontier of research in health economics, by providing them with short and easily readable introductions to key topics. The volume brings together 50 chapters written by more than 90 leading international contributors. The contributions to the Companion are concise and focus on specific concepts, methods and key evidence.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Edward Elgar Publishing in its series Chapters with number
3572_28.||Handle:|| RePEc:elg:eechap:3572_28||Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.e-elgar.com|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.e-elgar.com Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William D. Spector & Thomas M. Selden & Joel W. Cohen, 1998. "The impact of ownership type on nursing home outcomes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(7), pages 639-653.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 2002.
"The Rise in Old-Age Longevity and the Market for Long-Term Care,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 295-306, March.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Tomas Philipson, 1998. "The Rise in Old Age Longevity and the Market for Long-Term Care," NBER Working Papers 6547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Philipson & Darius Lakdawalla, 1998. "The Rise in Old Age Longevity and the Market for Long-Term Care," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 146, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Noguchi, Haruko & Shimizutani, Satoshi, 2006. "Do non-profit operators provide higher quality of care? Evidence from micro-level data for Japan’s long-term care industry," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 47(1), pages 125-135, June.
- Haruko Noguchi & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2005. "Do Non-Profit Operators Provide Higher Quality of Care? Evidence from Micro-Level Data for Japan's Long-term Care Industry," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d05-87, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Norton, Edward C., 1992. "Incentive regulation of nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 105-128, August.
- Maarten Lindeboom & France Portrait & Gerard J. van den Berg, 2002. "An econometric analysis of the mental-health effects of major events in the life of older individuals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 505-520.
- Lindeboom, Maarten & Portrait, France & van den Berg, Gerard, 2002. "An econometric analysis of the mental-health effects of major events in the life of older individuals," Working Paper Series 2002:19, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Edward C. Norton & Courtney Harold Van Houtven & Richard C. Lindrooth & Sharon-Lise T. Normand & Barbara Dickey, 2002. "Does prospective payment reduce inpatient length of stay?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 377-387.
- Ciaran O'Neill & Lindsay Groom & Anthony J. Avery & Daphne Boot & Karine Thornhill, 2000. "Age and proximity to death as predictors of GP care costs: results from a study of nursing home patients," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(8), pages 733-738.
- Juha Laine & Miika Linna & Unto Häkkinen & Anja Noro, 2005. "Measuring the productive efficiency and clinical quality of institutional long-term care for the elderly," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 245-256.
- Nyman, John A., 1985. "Prospective and `cost-plus' medicaid reimbursement, excess medicaid demand, and the quality of nursing home care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-259, September.
- Gertler, Paul J, 1992. "Medicaid and the Cost of Improving Access to Nursing Home Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 338-345, May.
- France Portrait & Maarten Lindeboom & Dorly Deeg, 2000. "The use of long-term care services by the Dutch elderly," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(6), pages 513-531.
- Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2003. "Competitive spillovers across non-profit and for-profit nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Carmichael, Fiona & Charles, Susan, 2003. "The opportunity costs of informal care: does gender matter?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 781-803, September.
- Cutler, David M, 1995. "The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcomes under Prospective Payment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(1), pages 29-50, January.
- Cutler, D.M., 1992. "The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcome Under Prospective Payment," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1603, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- David M. Cutler, 1993. "The Incidence of Adverse Medical Outcomes Under Prospective Payments," NBER Working Papers 4300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O. David Gulley & Rexford E. Santerre, 2003. "The Effect of Public Policies on Nursing Home Care in the United States," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(1), pages 93-104, Winter.
- Julien Forder & Ann Netten, 2000. "The price of placements in residential and nursing home care: the effects of contracts and competition," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(7), pages 643-657.
- Gertler, Paul J., 1989. "Subsidies, quality, and the regulation of nursing homes," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 33-52, February.
- David C. Grabowski, 2004. "A Longitudinal Study of Medicaid Payment, Private-Pay Price and Nursing Home Quality," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 5-26, 03.
- John A. Nyman, 1988. "Excess Demand, the Percentage of Medicaid Patients, and the Quality of Nursing Home Care," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(1), pages 76-92. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)