Pecuniary compensation increases participation in screening for colorectal cancer
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Giuffrida & Hugh Gravelle, 1998. "Paying patients to comply: an economic analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(7), pages 569-579.
- Buekens, P. & Kotelchuck, M. & Blondel, B. & Kristensen, F.B. & Chen, J.-H. & Masuy- Stroobant, G., 1993. "A comparison of prenatal care use in the United States and Europe," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 83(1), pages 31-36.
- Pauly, Mark V. & Held, Philip J, 1990. "Benign moral hazard and the cost-effectiveness analysis of insurance coverage," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 447-461, December.
- Jon Strand, 2007.
"Public-good valuation and intra-family allocation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(4), pages 527-543, December.
- Strand, Jon, 2003. "Public-good valuation and intrafamily allocation," Memorandum 28/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Strand, Jon, 2009. "Public-good valuation and intrafamily allocation," HERO Online Working Paper Series 2003:20, University of Oslo, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Jon Strand, 2004. "Public-Good Valuation and Intrafamily Allocation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1351, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dorte Gyrd-Hansen & Jes Søggard & Ole Kronborg, 1998. "Colorectal cancer screening: efficiency and effectiveness," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(1), pages 9-20.
- Célia Berchi & Jean-Marc Dupuis & Guy Launoy, 2006. "The reasons of general practitioners for promoting colorectal cancer mass screening in France," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 7(2), pages 91-98, June.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Dorte Gyrd-Hansen & Jes Søgaard, 2001. "Analysing public preferences for cancer screening programmes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(7), pages 617-634.
- Newhouse, Joseph P., 2006. "Reconsidering the moral hazard-risk avoidance tradeoff," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1005-1014, September.
- Byrne, Margaret M. & Thompson, Peter, 2001. "Screening and preventable illness," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1077-1088, November.
- Hoel, Michael, 2007. "What should (public) health insurance cover?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 251-262, March.
- Walker, Andrew & Whynes, David K., 1991. "Participation and screening programmes for colorectal cancer: More would be better?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 207-225, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Franz Hackl & Martin Halla & Michael Hummer & Gerald J. Pruckner, 2015.
"The Effectiveness of Health Screening,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(8), pages 913-935, August.
- Franz Hackl & Martin Halla & Michael Hummer & Gerald J. Pruckner, 2012. "The Effectiveness of Health Screening," Economics working papers 2012-01, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Hackl, Franz & Halla, Martin & Hummer, Michael & Pruckner, Gerald J., 2012. "The Effectiveness of Health Screening," IZA Discussion Papers 6310, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Franz Hackl & Martin Halla & Michael Hummer & Gerald J. Pruckner, 2012. "The Effectiveness of Health Screening," NRN working papers 2012-01, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- You, Kai, 2011. "Education, risk perceptions, and health behaviors," MPRA Paper 35535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:18:y:2009:i:3:p:337-354. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.