Trends and composition of private food and agricultural R & D expenditures in the United States
This article presents new data on the level and trends in private sector R & D on food, agriculture, and agricultural inputs. Private food and agricultural R & D grew about 4.6% annually between 1960 and 1986. The growth rate went down to 3.8% between 1980 and 1986. Much of the decline was accounted for by the decline in agricultural machinery R & D. Research divided by sales increased during the 1980s, indicating that the slowdown in R & D growth was due to the slowdown in sales rather than mergers or decreasing productivity of R & D.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 6 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- E. Pasour & Marc Johnson, 1982. "Bureaucratic productivity: The case of agricultural research revisited," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 301-317, January.
- Farrell E. Jensen & C. Arden Pope, 1987. "The changing structure of US agriculture and implications for research in agribusiness firms," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 139-150.
- Frederic Scherer, 1984. "Using Linked Patent and R&D Data to Measure Interindustry Technology Flows," NBER Chapters, in: R&D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 417-464 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1978.
"Bureaucratic Productivity: The Case Of Agricultural Research,"
13911, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Vernon Ruttan, 1980. "Bureaucratic productivity: The case of agricultural research," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 529-547, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:6:y:1990:i:3:p:191-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.