A measurement of the quality of orange-juice consumption
Theil's index of quality of consumption was used to measure the quality of orange-juice products. A change in the quality of a group of goods is defined as the covariance between the goods' income elasticities and logarithmic quantity changes. Over the sample from 1988 to mid 1999, the quality index for orange juice products was estimated to increase by about 50%. Decomposition of the change in quality showed that most of the increase resulted from strong demand trends. Income, prices, and advertising, each, had largely offsetting positive and negative impacts on quality over the sample. © 2000 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 16 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barten, A. P., 1969. "Maximum likelihood estimation of a complete system of demand equations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 7-73.
- Brown, Mark G. & Behr, Robert M. & Lee, Jonq-Ying, 1994. "Conditional Demand And Endogeneity? A Case Study Of Demand For Juice Products," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- Morgan, Karen J & Metzen, Edward J & Johnson, S R, 1979. " An Hedonic Index for Breakfast Cereals," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 67-75, June.
- Keller, W.J. & Van Driel, J., 1985. "Differential consumer demand systems," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 375-390.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:16:y:2000:i:3:p:321-332. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.