Gradual Recovery Following Severe Recession. Medium-Term Projections for the Austrian Economy until 2014
The global financial and economic crisis will have an adverse effect on Austria's growth in the medium-term. Between 2010 and 2014, gross domestic product will expand by an average of 1.8 percent per year. The recession has lasting effects on the labour market and public finances. The inflation rate will remain low. The forecast assumes that measures to consolidate the public finances are taken as soon as the crisis is overcome in 2011.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arsenal Object 20, A-1030 Wien|
Phone: (+43 1) 798 26 01-0
Fax: (+43 1) 798 93 86
Web page: http://www.wifo.ac.at/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. John McDermott & Robert F. Wescott, 1996.
"An Empirical Analysis of Fiscal Adjustments,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(4), pages 725-753, December.
- Robert F. Westcott & C. John McDermott, 1996. "An Empirical Analysis of Fiscal Adjustments," IMF Working Papers 96/59, International Monetary Fund.
- Markus Marterbauer, 2010. "Cyclical Stabilisation, But No Robust Upturn. Economic Outlook for 2010 and 2011," Austrian Economic Quarterly, WIFO, vol. 15(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Markus Marterbauer, 2010. "Cyclical Stabilisation, But No Robust Upturn. Economic Outlook for 2010 and 2011," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 83(1), pages 3-16, January.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Strauch, Rolf R, 2001. "Fiscal Consolidations: Quality, Economic Conditions, and Success," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 109(3-4), pages 327-346, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wquart:y:2010:i:1:p:13-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.