Labor Market Institutions and Labor Productivity Growth
In this paper we investigate how the labor productivity growth is affected from various institutions of the labor market using the empirical evidence from a panel data of OECD countries. We find that benefit replacement rate, benefit duration index, and the tax wedge appear to be significant labor market institutions affecting the labor productivity growth. A higher benefit replacement rate, a longer duration of unemployment benefits, and a higher tax wedge are expected to generate a lower labor productivity growth.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcelo Veracierto, 2004.
"Firing Costs and Business Cycle Fluctuations,"
2004 Meeting Papers
445c, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Campolmi, Alessia & Faia, Ester, 2011. "Labor market institutions and inflation volatility in the euro area," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 793-812, May.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Thomas Lubik & Michael Krause, 2003.
"The (Ir)relevance of Real Wage Rigidity in the New Keynesian Model with Search Frictions,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
504, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Krause, Michael U. & Lubik, Thomas A., 2007. "The (ir)relevance of real wage rigidity in the New Keynesian model with search frictions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 706-727, April.
- Krause, M.U. & Lubik, T.A., 2003. "The (Ir)relevance of Real Wage Rigidity in the New Keynesian Model with Search Frictions," Discussion Paper 2003-113, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Christoffel, Kai & Linzert, Tobias, 2005.
"The Role of Real Wage Rigidity and Labor Market Frictions for Unemployment and Inflation Dynamics,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1896, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christoffel, Kai & Linzert, Tobias, 2005. "The role of real wage rigidity and labor market frictions for unemployment and inflation dynamics," Working Paper Series 0556, European Central Bank.
- Christoffel, Kai & Linzert, Tobias, 2006. "The role of real wage rigidity and labor market frictions for unemployment and inflation dynamics," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,11, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Kamila Fialová & Ondrej Schneider, 2008.
"Labour Market Institutions and their Effect on Labour Market Performance in the New EU Member Countries,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2421, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kamila FialovÃ¡ & OndÅej Schneider, 2009. "Labor Market Institutions and Their Effect on Labor Market Performance in the New EU Member Countries," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(3), pages 57-83, May.
- Fabio RUMLER & Johann SCHARLER, .
"Labor Market Institutions and Macroeconomic Volatility in a Panel of OECD Countries,"
- Fabio Rumler & Johann Scharler, 2011. "Labor Market Institutions And Macroeconomic Volatility In A Panel Of Oecd Countries," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 58(3), pages 396-413, 07.
- Rumler, Fabio & Scharler, Johann, 2009. "Labor market institutions and macroeconomic volatility in a panel of OECD countries," Working Paper Series 1005, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wei:journl:v:2:y:2012:i:1:p:121-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mihai Mutascu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.