Territorial polarisation of the economy and population distribution in post-Soviet Russia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- O. V. Kuznetsova., 2019. "Trade-offs of spatial development priorities choice," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 1.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- V. E. Seliverstov & L. V. Melnikova & E. A. Kolomak & V. A. Kryukov & V. I. Suslov & N. I. Suslov, 2019. "Spatial Development Strategy of Russia: Expectations and Realities," Regional Research of Russia, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 155-163, April.
- Zubarevich, N., 2015. "Spatial Strategy after the Crisis: from the Big Projects to Institutional Modernization," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 226-230.
- Friedmann, John, 1967. "A general theory of polarized development," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34953, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Flaga Małgorzata & Wesołowska Monika, 2018. "Demographic and social degradation in the Lubelskie Voivodeship as a peripheral area of East Poland," Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, Sciendo, vol. 41(41), pages 7-27, September.
- Nadezhda Stepanova & Daria Gritsenko & Tuyara Gavrilyeva & Anna Belokur, 2020. "Sustainable Development in Sparsely Populated Territories: Case of the Russian Arctic and Far East," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(6), pages 1-22, March.
- Huang, Hai-Jun & Xia, Tian & Tian, Qiong & Liu, Tian-Liang & Wang, Chenlan & Li, Daqing, 2020. "Transportation issues in developing China's urban agglomerations," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 1-22.
- Wojciech Kisiała & Artur Bajerski & Bartosz Stępiński, 2017. "Equalising or Polarising: The Centre–Periphery Model and the Absorption of EU Funds under Regional Operational Programmes in Poland," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 67(3), pages 413-434, September.
- Davenport, Sally, 2005. "Exploring the role of proximity in SME knowledge-acquisition," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 683-701, June.
- Mark Partridge & M. Rose Olfert & Alessandro Alasia, 2007.
"Canadian cities as regional engines of growth: agglomeration and amenities,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(1), pages 39-68, February.
- Mark Partridge & M. Rose Olfert & Alessandro Alasia, 2007. "Canadian cities as regional engines of growth: agglomeration and amenities," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 40(1), pages 39-68, February.
- João Juchem Neto & Julio Claeyssen, 2015. "Capital-induced labor migration in a spatial Solow model," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 115(1), pages 25-47, May.
- Arcalean, Calin & Glomm, Gerhard & Schiopu, Ioana, 2012.
"Growth effects of spatial redistribution policies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 988-1008.
- Calin Arcalean & Gerhard Glomm & Ioana Schiopu, 2007. "Growth Effects of Spatial Redistribution Policies," CAEPR Working Papers 2007-002, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Department of Economics, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Calin Arcalean & Gerhard Glomm & Ioana Cosmina Schiopu, 2012. "Growth Effects of Spatial Redistribution Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 3728, CESifo.
- Marcel Bednarz & Tom Broekel, 2020.
"Pulled or pushed? The spatial diffusion of wind energy between local demand and supply [Constructing regional advantage: platform policies based on related variety and differentiated knowledge base,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 893-916.
- Marcel Bednarz & Tom Broekel, 2020. "Pulled or pushed? The spatial diffusion of wind energy between local demand and supply," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2008, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2020.
- Emma Howard, 2017. "Social networks, geographic proximity, and firm performance in Vietnam," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-69, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ingrid Ott & Susanne Soretz, 2006.
"Governmental activity, integration, and agglomeration,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
57, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Ott, Ingrid & Soretz, Susanne, 2008. "Governmental activity, integration, and agglomeration," Kiel Working Papers 1465, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW Kiel).
- Ott, Ingrid & Soretz, Susanne, 2007. "Governmental activity, integration, and agglomeration," HWWI Research Papers 1-10, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Gao, Ting, 2004. "Regional industrial growth: evidence from Chinese industries," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 101-124, January.
- María Ayuda & Fernando Collantes & Vicente Pinilla, 2010.
"From locational fundamentals to increasing returns: the spatial concentration of population in Spain, 1787–2000,"
Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 25-50, March.
- María Isabel Ayuda & Fernando Collantes & Vicente Pinilla, 2005. "From Locational Fundamentals to Increasing Returns: The Spatial Concentration of Population in Spain, 1787-2000," Documentos de Trabajo dt2005-05, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Vasco Leite & Sofia Castro & João Correia-da-Silva, 2009.
"The core periphery model with asymmetric inter-regional and intra-regional trade costs,"
Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 8(1), pages 37-44, April.
- Vasco Leite & Sofia B.S.D. Castro & João Correia-da-Silva, 2008. "The core periphery model with asymmetric inter-regional and intra-regional trade costs," FEP Working Papers 287, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Sidney Turner & Richard Turner, 2011. "Capital cities: a special case in urban development," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(1), pages 19-35, February.
- Agarwalla, Astha, 2011. "Agglomeration Economies and Productivity Growth in India," IIMA Working Papers WP2011-01-08, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Masashige Hamano & Pierre M. Picard, 2017.
"Extensive and intensive margins and exchange rate regimes,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 50(3), pages 804-837, August.
- Masashige Hamano & Pierre M. Picard, 2017. "Extensive and intensive margins and exchange rate regimes," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 50(3), pages 804-837, August.
- Masashige Hamano & Pierre M. Picard, 2017. "Extensive and intensive margins and exchange rate regimes," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2901, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Michael Beenstock & Daniel Felsenstein, 2003. "Decomposing the Dynamics of Regional Earnings Disparities in Israel," ERSA conference papers ersa03p90, European Regional Science Association.
- Michele Fratianni & Francesco Marchionne, 2011. "The Limits to Integration," Chapters, in: Miroslav N. Jovanović (ed.), International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume I, chapter 9, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Catherine Baumont, 1995. "Urban economics and endogenous dynamics in regional growth [Economies d'agglomération et dynamique endogène de croissance des régions]," Working Papers hal-01527237, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsRussian Federation; spatial development; polarisation; levelling; GRP per capita; population density; macroregions; mesoregions; microregions;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vrs:buogeo:v:46:y:2019:i:46:p:41-52:n:3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.