Fiscal Responsibility Within An Unstable Economic And Political Environment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Leandro Medina & Carlos Caceres & Ms. Ana Corbacho, 2010. "Structural Breaks in Fiscal Performance: Did Fiscal Responsibility Laws Have Anything to Do with Them?," IMF Working Papers 2010/248, International Monetary Fund.
- Jung, Alexander, 2016. "Have monetary data releases helped markets to predict the interest rate decisions of the European Central Bank?," Working Paper Series 1926, European Central Bank.
- Mr. Ian Lienert, 2010. "Should Advanced Countries Adopt a Fiscal Responsibility Law?," IMF Working Papers 2010/254, International Monetary Fund.
- LUPU, Iulia, 2015. "Fiscal Rules: Reasons And Evolution," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 19(4), pages 21-31.
- Jochen Mierau & Richard Jong-A-Pin & Jakob de Haan, 2007. "Do political variables affect fiscal policy adjustment decisions? New empirical evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 297-319, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ian Lienert, 2013. "Fiscal Responsibility Laws: Are They Needed?," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(03), pages 1-32.
- Reiner Eichenberger & David Stadelmann, 2009. "Consequences of Debt Capitalization: Property Ownership and Debt/Tax Choice," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-08, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Daniel Ştefan Armeanu & Georgeta Vintilă & Ştefan Cristian Gherghina, 2017. "Empirical Study towards the Drivers of Sustainable Economic Growth in EU-28 Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Esa Mangeloja, 2004. "Interrelationship of economic growth and regional religious properties," ERSA conference papers ersa04p94, European Regional Science Association.
- Maria Dolores Guillo & Fidel Perez-Sebastian, 2015.
"Convergence in a Dynamic Heckscher–Ohlin Model with Land,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 725-734, August.
- Guilló, María Dolores & Pérez-Sebastián, Fidel, 2015. "Convergence in a Dynamic Heckscher-Ohlin Model with Land," QM&ET Working Papers 15-4, University of Alicante, D. Quantitative Methods and Economic Theory.
- Sato, Sumie & Fukushige, Mototsugu, 2009.
"Globalization and economic inequality in the short and long run: The case of South Korea 1975-1995,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 62-68, January.
- Sumie & Mototsugu Fukushige, 2007. "Globalization and Economic Inequality in the Short and Long Run: The Case of South Korea 1975-1995," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 07-43, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Cooray, Arusha, 2011. "The role of the government in financial sector development," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 928-938, May.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2014.
"Mauritius: African Success Story,"
NBER Chapters, in: African Successes, Volume IV: Sustainable Growth, pages 295-342,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2010. "Mauritius: African Success Story," Working Paper Series rwp10-036, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2010. "Mauritius: African Success Story," Scholarly Articles 4450110, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2010. "Mauritius: African Success Story," NBER Working Papers 16569, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2012. "Mauritius: African Success Story," CID Working Papers 234, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2018.
"Global Value Chains, National Innovation Systems and Economic Development,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(3), pages 533-556, July.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Lundvall, Bengt-Åke & Srholec, Martin, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/15, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Martin Srholec, 2017. "Global value chains, national innovation systems and economic development," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20171012, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Kar, Sabyasachi & Pritchett, Lant & Raihan, Selim & Sen, Kunal, 2013.
"Looking for a break: Identifying transitions in growth regimes,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 38(PB), pages 151-166.
- Sabyasachi Kar & Lant Pritchett & Selim Raihan & Kunal Sen, 2013. "Looking for a Break: Identifying transitions in growth regimes," IEG Working Papers 332, Institute of Economic Growth.
- Iamsiraroj, Sasi, 2016. "The foreign direct investment–economic growth nexus," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 116-133.
- Daniel Diermeier & Hulya Eraslan & Antonio Merlo, 2003. "The Effects of Constitutions on Coalition Governments in Parliamentary Democracies," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-037, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jing Xing, 2011. "Does tax structure affect economic growth? Empirical evidence from OECD countries," Working Papers 1120, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2008.
"Risky human capital investment, income distribution, and macroeconomic dynamics,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 19-42, March.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2003. "Risky Human Capital Investment, Income Distribution, and Macroeconomic Dynamics," IZA Discussion Papers 955, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Volker Grossmann, 2004. "Risky Human Capital Investment, Income Distribution, and Macroeconomic Dynamics," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_028, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Michael Adusei, 2016. "Does Entrepreneurship Promote Economic Growth in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 28(2), pages 201-214, June.
- Balima, Hippolyte Weneyam, 2020. "Coups d’état and the cost of debt," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 509-528.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Pakistan's Macroeconomic Adjustment and Resumption of Growth, 1999-2004," IMF Working Papers 2005/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Wang, Ke & Yang, Kexin & Wei, Yi-Ming & Zhang, Chi, 2018. "Shadow prices of direct and overall carbon emissions in China’s construction industry: A parametric directional distance function-based sensitive estimation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 180-193.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2012.
"Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 291-313.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2009. "Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 19/2009, Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies (BOFIT).
- Chun-Yu Ho, 2009. "Market Structure, Welfare, and Banking Reform in China," Working Papers 302009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1991.
"Reconstructing growth theory : A survey,"
Other publications TiSEM
19355c51-17eb-4d5d-aa66-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1993. "Reconstructing growth theory : A survey," Other publications TiSEM ed4275fb-b14f-4175-a63f-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Smulders, J.A. & van de Klundert, T.C.M.J., 1992. "Reconstructing growth theory : A survey," Other publications TiSEM 0f3091a3-a914-470c-8a90-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Van de Klundert, T. & Smulders, S., 1991. "Recontructing Growth Theory : A Survey," Papers 9146, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- van de Klundert, T.C.M.J. & Smulders, J.A., 1991. "Reconstructing growth theory : A survey," Discussion Paper 1991-46, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsgovernment; elections; stability; political party;
All these keywords.
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy; Modern Monetary Theory
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:20:y:2016:i:4:p:54-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Daniel Mateescu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.