Do Seller Disclosures Affect Property Values? Buyer Information and the Hedonic Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandra E. Black, 1999.
"Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation of Elementary Education,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997. "Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education," Research Paper 9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kiel Katherine A. & McClain Katherine T., 1995. "House Prices during Siting Decision Stages: The Case of an Incinerator from Rumor through Operation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 241-255, March.
- James M. Holway & Raymond J. Burby, 1990. "The Effects of Floodplain Development Controls on Residential Land Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(3), pages 259-271.
- Okmyung Biny & Stephen Polasky, 2004. "Effects of Flood Hazards on Property Values: Evidence Before and After Hurricane Floyd," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 80(4).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Horsch, Eric J. & Lewis, David J., 2008.
"The Effects of Aquatic Invasive Species on Property Values: Evidence from a Quasi-Random Experiment,"
92216, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Horsch, Eric J. & Lewis, David J., 2008. "The Effects of Aquatic Invasive Species on Property Values: Evidence from a Quasi-Random Experiment," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6199, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Horsch, Eric J. & Lewis, David J., 2008. "The Effects of Aquatic Invasive Species on Property Values: Evidence from a Quasi-random Experiment," Staff Paper Series 530, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Nicolai V. Kuminoff & V. Kerry Smith & Christopher Timmins, 2010. "The New Economics of Equilibrium Sorting and its Transformational Role for Policy Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 16349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atreya, Ajita & Ferreira, Susana & Michel-Kerjan, Erwann, 2015. "What drives households to buy flood insurance? New evidence from Georgia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 153-161.
- Eric J. Horsch & David J. Lewis, 2009. "The Effects of Aquatic Invasive Species on Property Values: Evidence from a Quasi-Experiment," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(3), pages 391-409.
- Bruno S. Frey & Simon Luechinger & Alois Stutzer, 2010.
"The Life Satisfaction Approach to Environmental Valuation,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 2(1), pages 139-160, October.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Luechinger, Simon & Stutzer, Alois, 2009. "The Life Satisfaction Approach to Environmental Valuation," Working papers 2009/07, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Luechinger, Simon & Stutzer, Alois, 2009. "The Life Satisfaction Approach to Environmental Valuation," IZA Discussion Papers 4478, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Simon Luechinger & Alois Stutzer, 2009. "The Life Satisfaction Approach to Environmental Valuation," CESifo Working Paper Series 2836, CESifo Group Munich.
- Xu, Minhong & Xu, Yilan, 2017. "Environmental Hazards and Mortgage Credit Risk: Evidence from Texas Pipeline Incidents," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258019, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Athanasios Votsis & Adriaan Perrels, 2016. "Housing Prices and the Public Disclosure of Flood Risk: A Difference-in-Differences Analysis in Finland," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 450-471, November.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:11-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dennis B. Guignet & Adan L. Martinez-Cruz, 2016. "The Impacts of Underground Petroleum Releases on a Homeowner's Decision to Sell: A Difference-in-Differences Approach," NCEE Working Paper Series 201603, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jun 2016.
- Christopher F. Parmeter & Jaren C. Pope, 2013.
"Quasi-experiments and hedonic property value methods,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on Experimental Economics and the Environment, chapter 1, pages 3-66
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Christopher F. Parmeter & Jaren C. Pope, 2012. "Quasi-Experiments and Hedonic Property Value Methods," Working Papers 2012-7, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- H. Allen Klaiber & V. Kerry Smith, 2009. "Evaluating Rubin's Causal Model for Measuring the Capitalization of Environmental Amenities," NBER Working Papers 14957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chad Lawley, 2014. "Changes in Implicit Prices of Prairie Pothole Habitat," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 62(2), pages 171-190, June.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:892-:d:137164 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lisi, Gaetano & Iacobini, Mauro, 2012. "Estimation of a Hedonic House Price Model with Bargaining: Evidence from the Italian Housing Market," MPRA Paper 66474, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:88:y:2018:i:c:p:259-282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gaetano Lisi & Mauro Iacobini, 2012. "Measuring the Housing Price Dispersion in Italy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 811-822.
- Seshimo, Hiroyuki, 2014. "Adverse selection versus hold up: Tenure choice, tenancy protection and equilibrium in housing markets," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 39-55.
- Beckmann, Michael & Cornelissen, Thomas & Schauenberg, Bernd, 2009. "Fixed-term Employment, Work Organization and Job Satisfaction : Evidence from German Individual-Level Data," Working papers 2009/08, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Margaret Walls & Carolyn Kousky & Ziyan Chu, 2015. "Is What You See What You Get? The Value of Natural Landscape Views," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-19.
- Daniel R. Petrolia & Craig E. Landry & Keith H. Coble, 2013. "Risk Preferences, Risk Perceptions, and Flood Insurance," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(2), pages 227-245.
- Hidano, Noboru & Hoshino, Tadao & Sugiura, Ayako, 2015. "The effect of seismic hazard risk information on property prices: Evidence from a spatial regression discontinuity design," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 113-122.
- Kent Kovacs & Thomas Holmes & Jeffrey Englin & Janice Alexander, 2011. "The Dynamic Response of Housing Values to a Forest Invasive Disease: Evidence from a Sudden Oak Death Infestation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(3), pages 445-471, July.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1045 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:resene:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- Q51 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Valuation of Environmental Effects
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:84:y:2008:i:4:p:551-572. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.