High School Curriculum and Financial Outcomes: The Impact of Mandated Personal Finance and Mathematics Courses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lusardi, Annamaria & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2007.
"Baby Boomer retirement security: The roles of planning, financial literacy, and housing wealth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 205-224, January.
- Lusardi, Annamaria & Mitchell, Olivia S., 2006. "Baby boomer retirement security: The roles of planning, financial literacy, and Housing wealth," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/20, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2006. "Baby Boomer Retirement Security: The Roles of Planning, Financial Literacy, and Housing Wealth," Working Papers wp114, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2006. "Baby Boomer Retirement Security: The Roles of Planning, Financial Literacy, and Housing Wealth," CeRP Working Papers 54, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Annamaria Lusardi & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2006. "Baby Boomer Retirement Security: the Roles of Planning, Financial Literacy, and Housing Wealth," NBER Working Papers 12585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruhn, Miriam & Lara Ibarra, Gabriel & McKenzie, David, 2013. "Why is voluntary financial education so unpopular ? Experimental evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6439, The World Bank.
- Esther Duflo & Emmanuel Saez, 2003.
"The Role of Information and Social Interactions in Retirement Plan Decisions: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 815-842.
- Esther Duflo & Emmanuel Saez, 2002. "The Role of Information and Social Interactions in Retirement Plan Decisions: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," NBER Working Papers 8885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esther Duflo & Emmanuel Saez, 2003. "The role of information and social interactions in retirement plan decisions: Evidence from a randomized experiment," Framed Field Experiments 00141, The Field Experiments Website.
- Justine S. Hastings & Brigitte C. Madrian & William L. Skimmyhorn, 2013.
"Financial Literacy, Financial Education, and Economic Outcomes,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 5(1), pages 347-373, May.
- Justine S. Hastings & Brigitte C. Madrian & William L. Skimmyhorn, 2012. "Financial Literacy, Financial Education and Economic Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 18412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John P. Caskey, 2006. "Can Personal Financial Management Education Promote Asset Accumulation by the Poor?," NFI Policy Briefs 2006-PB-06, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Carpena, Fenella & Cole, Shawn & Shapiro, Jeremy & Zia, Bilal, 2011. "Unpacking the causal chain of financial literacy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5798, The World Bank.
- William Skimmyhorn, 2016. "Assessing Financial Education: Evidence from Boot Camp," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 322-343, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Margaret Miller & Julia Reichelstein & Christian Salas & Bilal Zia, 2015.
"Can You Help Someone Become Financially Capable? A Meta-Analysis of the Literature,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 220-246.
- Miller, Margaret & Reichelstein, Julia & Salas, Christian & Zia, Bilal, 2014. "Can you help someone become financially capable ? a meta-analysis of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6745, The World Bank.
- Han Yu & Naci Mocan, 2018. "The Impact of High School Curriculum on Confidence, Academic Success, and Mental and Physical Well-Being of University Students," NBER Working Papers 24573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brown, Alexandra & Collins, J. Michael & Schmeiser, Maximilian D. & Urban, Carly, 2014. "State Mandated Financial Education and the Credit Behavior of Young Adults," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-68, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Tim Kaiser & Lukas Menkhoff, 2017.
"Does Financial Education Impact Financial Literacy and Financial Behavior, and If So, When?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(3), pages 611-630.
- Tim Kaiser & Lukas Menkhoff, 2016. "Does Financial Education Impact Financial Literacy and Financial Behavior, and if So, When?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1562, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Kaiser, Tim & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2017. "Does Financial Education Impact Financial Literacy and Financial Behavior, and if so, When?," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 37, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
- Kaiser,Tim & Menkhoff,Lukas, 2017. "Does financial education impact financial literacy and financial behavior, and if so, when ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8161, The World Bank.
- Maria De Paola & Francesca Gioia & Fabio Piluso, 2017.
"Does Reminding Of Behavioural Biases Increase Returns From Financial Trading? A Field Experiment,"
201705, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- De Paola, Maria & Gioia, Francesca & Piluso, Fabio, 2017. "Does Reminding of Behavioural Biases Increase Returns from Financial Trading? A Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 10983, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Philip W. S. Newall, 2016. "Downside financial risk is misunderstood," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 11(5), pages 416-423, September.
- Tim Kaiser & Lukas Menkhoff, 2018. "Financial Education in Schools: A Meta-Analysis of Experimental Studies," CESifo Working Paper Series 7395, CESifo Group Munich.
- Meta Brown & John Grigsby & Wilbert van der Klaauw & Jaya Wen & Basit Zafar, 2016.
"Financial Education and the Debt Behavior of the Young,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 29(9), pages 2490-2522.
- Brown, Meta & Van der Klaauw, Wilbert & Wen, Jaya & Zafar, Basit & Grigsby, John, 2013. "Financial education and the debt behavior of the young," Staff Reports 634, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Sep 2015.
- Arus Kongrungchok, 2016. "The Effectiveness of Personal Financial Planning of Rubber Farmers in Thailand: Case Study of Suratthani Province," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 4106729, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:eee:cysrev:v:95:y:2018:i:c:p:334-351 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:51:y:2016:i:3:p:656-698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.