The Impact of Increased Tax Subsidies on the Insurance Coverage of Self-Employed Families: Evidence from the 1996–2004 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Melissa A. Thomasson, 2003.
"The Importance of Group Coverage: How Tax Policy Shaped U.S. Health Insurance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1373-1384, September.
- Melissa A. Thomasson, 2000. "The Importance of Group Coverage: How Tax Policy Shaped U.S. Health Insurance," NBER Working Papers 7543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S., 2004. "Insurance and the utilization of medical services," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(9), pages 1623-1632, May.
- Roger Feldman & Bryan Dowd & Scott Leitz & Lynn A. Blewett, 1997. "The Effect of Premiums on the Small Firm's Decision to Offer Health Insurance," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(4), pages 635-658.
- Jonathan Gruber & James Poterba, 1994. "Tax Incentives and the Decision to Purchase Health Insurance: Evidence from the Self-Employed," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 701-733.
- Royalty, Anne Beeson, 2000. "Tax preferences for fringe benefits and workers' eligibility for employer health insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 209-227, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fossen, Frank M. & König, Johannes, 2015.
"Public health insurance and entry into self-employment,"
Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy
112934, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Fossen, Frank M. & König, Johannes, 2015. "Public Health Insurance and Entry into Self-Employment," IZA Discussion Papers 8816, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fossen, Frank M. & König, Johannes, 2015. "Public health insurance and entry into self-employment," Discussion Papers 2015/4, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Frank M. Fossen & Johannes König, 2015. "Public Health Insurance and Entry into Self-Employment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1446, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Frank M. Fossen & Johannes König, 2015. "Public Health Insurance and Entry into Self-Employment," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 733, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Gumus, Gulcin & Regan, Tracy L., 2015. "Self-employment and the role of health insurance in the U.S," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 357-374.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:49:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9843-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heim, Bradley T. & Lurie, Ithai Z., 2010. "The effect of self-employed health insurance subsidies on self-employment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 995-1007, December.
- G. Edward Miller & Thomas M. Selden & Jessica S. Banthin, 2014. "Employer-Sim Microsimulation Model: Model Development and Application to Estimation of Tax Subsidies to Health Insurance," Working Papers 14-46, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Asako S. Moriya & Kosali Simon, 2014. "Impact of Premium Subsidies on the Take-up of Health Insurance: Evidence from the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)," NBER Working Papers 20196, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. J. Krizan & Adela Luque & Alice Zawacki, 2014. "The Effect Of Employer Health Insurance Offering On The Growth And Survival Of Small Business Prior To The Affordable Care Act," Working Papers 14-22, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:jhriss:v:44:y:2009:i1:p115-139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://jhr.uwpress.org/ .