Impact of Tick Size Reduction on Small Caps Price Efficiency and Execution cost on the Indonesia Stock Exchange
On 2 January 2007, the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) implements a new tick size of Rp1 in addition to the extant Rp5, Rp10, Rp25 and Rp50 tick sizes. This research investigates the impact of tick size reduction on stock price efficiency and execution cost. The microstructure effect of the new tick size should only impact small caps traded at Rp200 or lower, for those shares were previously traded at Rp5 tick. Using OLS and quantile regressions, we find the new tick policy significantly improves small caps price efficiency and partially reduces execution cost. The new tick size moderately reduces the mean of execution cost but does not reduce the median.
Volume (Year): 8 (2012)
Issue (Month): Supp. 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://web.usm.my/aamj/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001. "Quantile Regression," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Michael A. Goldstein & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, .
"Eighths, Sixteenths and Market Depth: Changes in Tick Size and Liquidity Provision on the NYSE,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
14-98, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Goldstein, Michael A. & A. Kavajecz, Kenneth, 2000. "Eighths, sixteenths, and market depth: changes in tick size and liquidity provision on the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-149, April.
- Pantisa Pavabutr & Sukanya Prangwattananon, 2009. "Tick size change on the Stock Exchange of Thailand," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 351-371, May.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cai, Jun & Chan, Kalok & Hamao, Yasushi, 2007. "Tick size change and liquidity provision on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 173-194, June.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Rydge, James, 2006. "The current state of Asia-Pacific stock exchanges: A critical review of market design," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-32, January.
- David C. Porter & Daniel G. Weaver, 1997. "Tick Size and Market Quality," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 26(4), Winter.
- Chordia, Tarun & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2008. "Liquidity and market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 249-268, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usm:journl:aamjaf00811_1-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journal Division)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.