Tick size, market structure, and market quality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Easley & Soeren Hvidkjaer & Maureen O'Hara, 2002. "Is Information Risk a Determinant of Asset Returns?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2185-2221, October.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Kee H. Chung & Kenneth A. Kim & Pattanaporn Kitsabunnarat, 2005. "Liquidity And Quote Clustering In A Market With Multiple Tick Sizes," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 28(2), pages 177-195.
- Michael Weisbach, 2010. "Corporate Governance," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number weis10-1.
- Jose Gutierrez & Yiuman Tse, 2009. "NYSE execution quality subsequent to migration to hybrid," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 59-81, July.
- Anshuman, V Ravi & Kalay, Avner, 1998. "Market Making with Discrete Prices," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(1), pages 81-109.
- Chung, Kee H. & Chuwonganant, Chairat & McCormick, D. Timothy, 2004. "Order preferencing and market quality on NASDAQ before and after decimalization," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 581-612, March.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles Q. & Choe, Hyuk, 1998. "Decimalization and competition among stock markets: Evidence from the Toronto Stock Exchange cross-listed securities," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 51-87, April.
- Chung, Kee H. & Elder, John & Kim, Jang-Chul, 2010. "Corporate Governance and Liquidity," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 265-291, April.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-746, June.
- Van Ness, Bonnie F & Van Ness, Robert A & Pruitt, Stephen W, 2000. "The Impact of the Reduction in Tick Increments in Major U.S. Markets on Spreads, Depth, and Volatility," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 153-167, September.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 2000. "Tick Size, Spreads, and Liquidity: An Analysis of Nasdaq Securities Trading near Ten Dollars," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 213-239, July.
- Goldstein, Michael A. & A. Kavajecz, Kenneth, 2000.
"Eighths, sixteenths, and market depth: changes in tick size and liquidity provision on the NYSE,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-149, April.
- Michael A. Goldstein & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, "undated". "Eighths, Sixteenths and Market Depth: Changes in Tick Size and Liquidity Provision on the NYSE," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 14-98, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- David C. Porter & Daniel G. Weaver, 1997. "Tick Size and Market Quality," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 26(4), Winter.
- Chung, Kee H. & Charoenwong, Charlie & Ding, David K., 2004. "Penny pricing and the components of spread and depth changes," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2981-3007, December.
- Pantisa Pavabutr & Sukanya Prangwattananon, 2009. "Tick size change on the Stock Exchange of Thailand," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 351-371, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Rizvi, Syed Aun & Sarkar, Kabir & Bacha, Obiyathulla & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "How do Macroeconomic Changes Impact Islamic and Conventional Equity Prices? Evidence from Developed and Emerging Countries," MPRA Paper 59587, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBid-ask spreads; Depths; Execution costs; Minimum price variation; Informational efficiency; Market structure; G18; G19;
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G19 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:rqfnac:v:36:y:2011:i:1:p:57-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .