Tick Size, Spreads, and Liquidity: An Analysis of Nasdaq Securities Trading near Ten Dollars
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dutta, Prajit K & Madhavan, Ananth, 1997. " Competition and Collusion in Dealer Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 245-276, March.
- Angel, James J, 1997. " Tick Size, Share Prices, and Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 655-681, June.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cao, Charles Q. & Choe, Hyuk, 1998. "Decimalization and competition among stock markets: Evidence from the Toronto Stock Exchange cross-listed securities," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 51-87, April.
- Kandel, Eugene & Marx, Leslie M., 1997. "Nasdaq market structure and spread patterns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 61-89, July.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1997. "The degree of price resolution and equity trading costs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 9-34, July.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-746, June.
- Goldstein, Michael A. & A. Kavajecz, Kenneth, 2000.
"Eighths, sixteenths, and market depth: changes in tick size and liquidity provision on the NYSE,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-149, April.
- Michael A. Goldstein & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, "undated". "Eighths, Sixteenths and Market Depth: Changes in Tick Size and Liquidity Provision on the NYSE," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 14-98, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Poterba, James M. & Summers, Lawrence H., 1988.
"Mean reversion in stock prices : Evidence and Implications,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 27-59, October.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Mean Reversion in Stock Prices: Evidence and Implications," NBER Working Papers 2343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harald Hau, 2006.
"The Role of Transaction Costs for Financial Volatility: Evidence from the Paris Bourse,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 862-890, June.
- Hau, Harald, 2002. "The Role of Transaction Costs for Financial Volatility: Evidence from the Paris Bourse," CEPR Discussion Papers 3651, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neil McCulloch & Grazia Pacillo, 2010. "The Tobin Tax A Review of the Evidence," Working Paper Series 1611, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- Large, Jeremy, 2009.
"A market-clearing role for inefficiency on a limit order book,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 102-117, January.
- Jeremy Large, 2006. "A Market-Clearing Role for Inefficiency on a Limit Order Book," Economics Papers 2006-W08, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Mahmoodzadeh, Soheil & Gençay, Ramazan, 2017. "Human vs. high-frequency traders, penny jumping, and tick size," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 69-82.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:50:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11156-017-0632-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ascioglu, Asli & Comerton-Forde, Carole & McInish, Thomas H., 2010. "An examination of minimum tick sizes on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 40-48, January.
- Francisco Ruela & Giang Nguyen & Michael J. Fleming, 2019. "Tick size change and market quality in the U.S. treasury market," Staff Reports 886, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Nov 2019.
- Ravi Kashyap, 2016. "A Tale of Two Consequences: Intended and Unintended Outcomes of the Japan TOPIX Tick Size Changes," Papers 1602.00839, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2019.
- Griffith, Todd G. & Roseman, Brian S., 2019. "Making cents of tick sizes: The effect of the 2016 U.S. SEC tick size pilot on limit order book liquidity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 104-121.
- Ding, Xiaoya (Sara) & Ni, Yang & Zhong, Ligang, 2016. "Free float and market liquidity around the world," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 236-257.
- Cai, Jun & Hamao, Yasushi & Ho, Richard Y.K., 2008. "Tick size change and liquidity provision for Japanese stock trading near [yen sign]1000," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 19-39, January.
- Murphy Jun Jie Lee, 2013. "The Microstructure of Trading Processes on the Singapore Exchange," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 4, July-Dece.
- David Abad & Mikel Tapia, 2003. "Impacto Sobre El Mercado Bursatil Español De Los Cambios En Las Variaciones Mínimas De Precios Tras La Introducción Del Euro," Working Papers. Serie EC 2003-17, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Kee Chung & Jangkoo Kang & Joon-Seok Kim, 2011. "Tick size, market structure, and market quality," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 57-81, January.
- Loistl, Otto & Schossmann, Bernd & Veverka, Alexander, 2004. "Tick size and spreads: The case of Nasdaq's decimalization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(2), pages 317-334, June.
- Deng, Xiaohu & Jiang, Christine & Young, Danqing, 2017. "Short Selling and Politically Motivated Negative Information Hoarding," Working Papers 2017-14, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics.
- Tapia Torres, Miguel Ángel & Moreno Muñoz, Jesús David & Gil Bazo, Javier, 2005. "Price dynamics, informational efficiency and wealth distribution in continuous double auction markets," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb057819, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- repec:uts:finphd:2-2013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hautsch, Nikolaus, 2002. "Modelling Intraday Trading Activity Using Box-Cox-ACD Models," CoFE Discussion Papers 02/05, University of Konstanz, Center of Finance and Econometrics (CoFE).
- Ke, Mei-Chu & Jiang, Ching-Hai & Huang, Yen-Sheng, 2004. "The impact of tick size on intraday stock price behavior: evidence from the Taiwan Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 19-39, January.
- Garvey, Ryan & Wu, Fei, 2011. "Information, speed vs. cost trade-offs, and order routing decisions in U.S. equity markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 408-422, June.
- Gibson, Scott & Singh, Rajdeep & Yerramilli, Vijay, 2003. "The effect of decimalization on the components of the bid-ask spread," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 121-148, April.
- Emna Rouetbi & Chokri Mamoghli, 2014. "Measuring Liquidity in an Emerging Market: The Tunis Stock Exchange," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(4), pages 920-929.
- Bai, Min & Qin, Yafeng, 2014. "Short-sales constraints and liquidity change: Cross-sectional evidence from the Hong Kong Market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 98-122.
- Khalil Dayri & Mathieu Rosenbaum, 2012. "Large tick assets: implicit spread and optimal tick size," Papers 1207.6325, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2013.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:9:y:2000:i:3:p:213-239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622875 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.