Religious Intermarriage and Socialization in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Bisin & Thierry Verdier, 2000.
""Beyond the Melting Pot": Cultural Transmission, Marriage, and the Evolution of Ethnic and Religious Traits,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 955-988.
- Bisin, A. & Verdier, T., 1999. "Beyond the Melting Pot: Cultural Transmission, Marriage, and the Evolution of Ethnic and Religious Traits," Papers 1999-10, Laval - Laboratoire Econometrie.
- Bisin, A. & Verdier, T., 1999. "Beyond the Melting Pot : Cultural Transmission, Marriage, and the Evolution of Ethnic and Religious Traits," DELTA Working Papers 1999-10, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-846, July-Aug..
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Miriam Marcén & Marina Morales, 2019. "Live together: does culture matter?," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 671-713, June.
- Johan Almenberg & Anna Dreber, 2009.
"Lady and the Trump: Status and Wealth in the Marriage Market,"
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 161-181, April.
- Almenberg, Johan & Dreber, Anna, 2008. "Lady and the Trump: Status and Wealth in the Marriage Market," Working Paper Series 728, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 10 Jul 2008.
- Almenberg, Johan & Dreber, Anna, 2008. "Lady and the Trump: Status and Wealth in the Marriage Market," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 690, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 04 Dec 2008.
- Adda, Jérôme & Pinotti, Paolo & Tura, Giulia, 2020. "There's More to Marriage than Love: The Effect of Legal Status and Cultural Distance on Intermarriages and Separations," CEPR Discussion Papers 14432, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Jeanet Bentzen & Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Paul Sharp, 2010.
"Religious Orders and Growth through Cultural Change in Pre-Industrial England,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c015_036, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Jeanet Bentzen & Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Paul Sharp, 2011. "Religious Orders and Growth through Cultural Change in Pre-Industrial England," Discussion Papers 11-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Andersen, Thomas Barnebeck & Bentzen, Jeanet & Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Sharp, Paul, 2012. "Religious orders and growth through cultural change in pre-industrial England," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 12/2012, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Bisin, Alberto & Tura, Giulia, 2019.
"Marriage, Fertility, and Cultural Integration in Italy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
14179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Bisin & Giulia Tura, 2019. "Marriage, Fertility, and Cultural Integration in Italy," NBER Working Papers 26303, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2009. "Socio-economic status, gender, and spouse’s earnings: affect of family background on matching," MPRA Paper 17100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William R. Kerr & Martin Mandorff, 2015. "Social Networks, Ethnicity, and Entrepreneurship," NBER Working Papers 21597, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ho-Po Crystal Wong, 2014. "The Effects of Endogamous Marriage on Family Outcomes: Evidence from Exogenous Variation in Immigrant Flows During 1900-1930 in the United States," Working Papers 14-31, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Inbar Weiss & Guy Stecklov, 2020. "Assimilation and ethnic marriage-squeeze in early 20th century America: A gender perspective," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 42(4), pages 99-132.
- Alberto Bisin & Thierry Verdier, 2010.
"The Economics of Cultural Transmission and Socialization,"
- Alberto Bisin & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "The Economics of Cultural Transmission and Socialization," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00754788, HAL.
- Alberto Bisin & Thierry Verdier, 2010. "The Economics of Cultural Transmission and Socialization," NBER Working Papers 16512, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Delia Furtado & Nikolaos Theodoropoulos, 2011.
"Interethnic marriage: a choice between ethnic and educational similarities,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1257-1279, October.
- Furtado, Delia & Theodoropoulos, Nikolaos, 2008. "Interethnic Marriage: A Choice between Ethnic and Educational Similarities," IZA Discussion Papers 3448, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Matz, Julia Anna, 2013. "Ethnicity, Marriage and Family Income," Discussion Papers 154935, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Muhammad Tariq Majeed & Shamsa Kanwal, 2019. "The Global Integration and Transmission of Social Values: A Case of Family Ties," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 141(2), pages 703-729, January.
- Alberto Bisin & Giulia Tura, 2019. "Marriage, Fertility, and Cultural Integration of Immigrants in Italy," Working Papers 2019-063, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Matthew O. Jackson, 2009. "Like Father, Like Son: Social Network Externalities and Parent-Child Correlation in Behavior," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 124-150, February.
- Annalisa Marini, 2019. "Who Marries Whom? The Role of Identity, Cognitive and Noncognitive Skills in Marriage," Discussion Papers 1904, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Marcén, Miriam & Morales, Marina, 2017. "Remain single or live together: Does culture matter?," MPRA Paper 77623, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simeon D. Alder, 2016.
"In the Wrong Hands: Complementarities, Resource Allocation, and TFP,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 199-241, January.
- Simeon Alder, 2010. "In the Wrong Hands: Complementarities, Resource Allocation, and TFP," Working Papers 018, University of Notre Dame, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2012.
- Lamia Kandil & Hélène Perivier, 2017. "La division sexuée du travail dans les couples selon le statut marital en France - une étude à partir des enquêtes emploi du temps de 1985-1986, 1998-1999, et 2009-2010," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2017-03, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Michelle Sheran Sylvester, 2007. "The Career and Family Choices of Women: A Dynamic Analysis of Labor Force Participation, Schooling, Marriage and Fertility Decisions," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 10(3), pages 367-399, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:112:y:2004:i:3:p:615-664. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.