How Fragile Are Fragile Inferences? A Re-evaluation of the Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martijn Brons & Henri L.F.M. de Groot & Peter Nijkamp, 1999. "Growth Effects of Fiscal Policies - A Comparative Analysis in a Multi-Country Context," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-042/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ethan Cohen-Cole & Steven Durlauf & Jeffrey Fagan & Daniel Nagin, 2008.
"Model Uncertainty and the Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 335-369.
- Ethan Cohen-Cole & Steven N. Durlauf & Jeffrey Fagan & Daniel Nagin, 2007. "Model uncertainty and the deterrent effect of capital punishment," Risk and Policy Analysis Unit Working Paper QAU07-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Paul Rubin, 2011.
"From the 'econometrics of capital punishment' to the 'capital punishment' of econometrics: on the use and abuse of sensitivity analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(25), pages 3655-3670.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Paul Rubin, 2007. "From the "Econometrics of Capital Punishment" to the "Capital Punishment" of Econometrics: On the Use and Abuse of Sensitivity Analysis," Emory Economics 0715, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- McAleer, Michael, 1994. " Sherlock Holmes and the Search for Truth: A Diagnostic Tale," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 317-370, December.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Liu, Zhiqiang, 1999. "Sensitivity Analyses of the Deterrence Hypothesis: Let's Keep the Econ in Econometrics," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 455-487, April.
- Yang, Haisheng & He, Jie & Chen, Shaoling, 2015. "The fragility of the Environmental Kuznets Curve: Revisiting the hypothesis with Chinese data via an “Extreme Bound Analysis”," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 41-58.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Paul H. Rubin & Joanna M. Shepherd, 2003.
"Does Capital Punishment Have a Deterrent Effect? New Evidence from Postmoratorium Panel Data,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 344-376, August.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Paul H. Rubin & Joanna M. Shepherd, 2001. "Does Capital Punishment Have a Deterrent Effect? New Evidence from Post-moratorium Panel Data," Emory Economics 0101, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Joanna M. Shepherd, 2006.
"The Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment: Evidence from a "Judicial Experiment","
Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(3), pages 512-535, July.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Joanna M. Shepherd, 2003. "The Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment: Evidence from a "Judicial Experiment"," Emory Economics 0314, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Paul R. Zimmerman, 2010. "The Economics of Capital Punishment and Deterrence," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Crime, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Neil R. Ericsson, 2008.
"The Fragility of Sensitivity Analysis: An Encompassing Perspective,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 895-914, December.
- Neil R. Ericsson, 2008. "The fragility of sensitivity analysis: an encompassing perspective," International Finance Discussion Papers 959, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hess, Gregory D. & Jones, Christopher S. & Porter, Richard D., 1998. "The predictive failure of the Baba, Hendry and Starr model of M1," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 477-507, November.
- McAleer, Michael, 1992. "Modelling in econometrics: The deterrent effect of capital punishment," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 519-532.
- Yang, Bijou & Lester, David, 2008. "The deterrent effect of executions: A meta-analysis thirty years after Ehrlich," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 453-460, September.
- Joanna M. Shepherd, 2004. "Murders of Passion, Execution Delays, and the Deterrence of Capital Punishment," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 283-321, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:71:y:1989:i:1:p:99-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.