Entrepreneurial Orientation (EO) and Knowledge Creation (KC)
There is wide acceptance of the precept that entrepreneurial orientation is associated with superior firm performance, and knowledge has been recognized as a key resource for preserving the competitive advantage. Enterprises must know what to do, how to do it, as well as when and where to do it. They must be able to identify and exploit opportunities. This study explains the relationship between entrepreneurial orientation (EO) and knowledge creation (KC). It uses a sample of 195 items from SMEs to explore the relationship between entrepreneurial and knowledge creation orientation. Entreprenurship orientation includes five dimensions: innovativeness, risk – taking, proactiveness, competitive aggressiveness and autonomy process, while the knowledge creation includes the following four processes: socialization, externalization, combination and internalization. The findings show the existence of a close relationship between entrepreneurial orientation and knowledge creation.
Volume (Year): 6 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://ijbesar.teiemt.gr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ward, Thomas B., 2004. "Cognition, creativity, and entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 173-188, March.
- Sangaralingam Ramesh, 2012. "Infrastructure, Knowledge and Economic Growth in China: 1953–2004," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 5(1), pages 23-50, April.
- Desislava Ivanova Yordanova, 2011. "Entrepreneurial orientation in family and non-family firms: evidence from Bulgaria," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 4(1), pages 185-203, March.
- Danny Miller, 1983. "The Correlates of Entrepreneurship in Three Types of Firms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(7), pages 770-791, July.
- Williams, Christopher & Lee, Soo Hee, 2009. "Resource allocations, knowledge network characteristics and entrepreneurial orientation of multinational corporations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1376-1387, October.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Landström, Hans & Martin, Ben R., 2012. "Exploring the emerging knowledge base of ‘the knowledge society’," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1121-1131.
- Ian Fillis & Ruth Rentschler, 2010. "The Role Of Creativity In Entrepreneurship," Journal of Enterprising Culture (JEC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(01), pages 49-81.
- Audretsch, David B. & Bönte, Werner & Keilbach, Max, 2008. "Entrepreneurship capital and its impact on knowledge diffusion and economic performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 687-698, November.
- Avlonitis, George J. & Salavou, Helen E., 2007. "Entrepreneurial orientation of SMEs, product innovativeness, and performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 566-575, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tei:journl:v:6:y:2013:i:2:p:103-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kostas Stergidis)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.