Modelling the Daily Currency in Circulation in Turkey
The main focus of this paper is to model the daily series of currency in circulation in Turkey. The currency in circulation is one of the most significant factors influencing the liquidity of the Turkish banking system. Therefore, the amount of currency in circulation has to be forecasted as accurately as possible. The currency in circulation displays an increasing long-term trend and strong seasonal factors which can be forecasted. This paper introduces the ARIMA-based approach to model seasonality in daily time series and evaluates the forecasting performance of the model. The results indicate that the forecasting performance of the model is better than the expert judgments both in the short-term and the long-term.
Volume (Year): 10 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Head Office, Istiklal Cad. 10 Ulus, 06100 Ankara|
Phone: (90 312) 507 5000
Fax: (90 312) 507 5640
Web page: http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale, 2005.
"The BDS Test as a Test for the Adequacy of a GARCH(1,1) Specification: A Monte Carlo Study,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 3(2), pages 282-309.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christos Ntantamis & Theologos Pantelidis & Nikitas Pittis, 2004. "The Bds Test As A Test For The Adequacy Of A Garch(1,1) Specification: A Monte Carlo Study," Public Policy Discussion Papers 04-14, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Ntantamis, Christos & Pantelidis, Theologos & Pittis, Nikitas, 2004. "The BDS Test as a Test for the Adequacy of a GARCH(1,1) Specification. A Monte Carlo Study," Economics Series 156, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christos Ntantamis & Theologos Pantelidis & Nikitas Pittis, 2004. "The Bds Test As A Test For The Adequacy Of A Garch(1,1) Specification: A Monte Carlo Study," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 04-14, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcb:cebare:v:10:y:2010:i:1:p:29-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()or () or ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.