Political Violence and Excess Liquidity in Egypt
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto, 1996.
"Income distribution, political instability, and investment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1203-1228, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1993. "Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment," NBER Working Papers 4486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua & Hoffmaister, Alexander W., 2004.
"The credit crunch in East Asia: what can bank excess liquid assets tell us?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 27-49, February.
- P.R. Agenor & J. Aizenman & A. Hoffmaister, 2000. "The Credit Crunch in East Asia: What can Bank Excess Liquid Assets Tell us?," NBER Working Papers 7951, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua & Hoffmaister, Alexander, 2000. "The credit crunch in East Asia : what can bank excess liquid assets tell us ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2483, The World Bank.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1992.
"Testing for parameter instability in linear models,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 517-533, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "STABTEST: RATS procedure to perform Hansen's stability test for OLS," Statistical Software Components RTS00199, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Fedderke, Johannes & Klitgaard, Robert, 1998. "Economic Growth and Social Indicators: An Exploratory Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 455-489, April.
- Kormendi, Roger C. & Meguire, Philip G., 1985. "Macroeconomic determinants of growth: Cross-country evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 141-163, September.
- David Fielding & Anja Shortland, 2002. "How does Political Violence Affect Currency Substitution? Evidence from Egypt," Discussion Papers in Economics 02/6, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- David Fielding, 2003. "Modelling Political Instability and Economic Performance: Israeli Investment during the "Intifada"," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 70(277), pages 159-186, February.
- Baltensperger, Ernst, 1980. "Alternative approaches to the theory of the banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-37, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- FERROUHI, El Mehdi & LEHADIRI, Abderrassoul, 2013. "Liquidity Determinants of Moroccan Banking Industry," MPRA Paper 59888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edgar A. Ghossoub, 2015. "Inflation Thresholds and the Efficiency of the Banking Sector," Working Papers 0159eco, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Simplice Asongu, 2016.
"New empirics of monetary policy dynamics: evidence from the CFA franc zones,"
African Journal of Economic and Management Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 164-204, June.
- Asongu, Simplice A, 2013. "New Empirics of monetary policy dynamics: evidence from the CFA franc zones," MPRA Paper 48495, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice, 2013. "New Empirics of monetary policy dynamics: evidence from the CFA franc zones," Working Papers 13/016, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Simplice A. Asongu, 2014.
"Does money matter in Africa?: New empirics on long- and short-run effects of monetary policy on output and prices,"
Indian Growth and Development Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 142-180, November.
- Asongu Simplice, 2013. "Does Money Matter in Africa? New Empirics on Long- and Short-run Effects of Monetary Policy on Output and Prices," Working Papers 13/005, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice A, 2013. "Does Money Matter in Africa? New Empirics on Long- and Short-run Effects of Monetary Policy on Output and Prices," MPRA Paper 48494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavla Vodová, 2014. "Determinants Of Commercial Bank Liquidity In Hungary," "e-Finanse", University of Information Technology and Management, Institute of Financial Research and Analysis, vol. 9(3), pages 64-71, January.
- Primus, Keyra, 2017. "Excess reserves, monetary policy and financial volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 153-168.
- Cecilia Maigua & Gekara Mouni, 2016. "Influence of Interest Rates Determinants on the Performance of Commercial Banks in Kenya," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(2), pages 121-133, April.
- Tarron Khemraj, 2007. "What does excess bank liquidity say about the loan market in Less Developed Countries?," Working Papers 60, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Abdel-Baki Monal A., 2012. "Coalitions within the Egyptian Banking Sector: Catalysts of the Popular Revolution," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-26, April.
- Tarron Khemraj, 2008. "Excess liquidity, oligopolistic loan markets and monetary policy in LDCs," Working Papers 64, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Hossam ELdin Mohammed Abdelkader, 2015. "Political Instability, Uncertainty, Democracy, and Economic Growth in Egypt," Working Papers 953, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2015.
- Khemraj, Tarron, 2010. "The simple analytics of oligopoly banking in developing economies," MPRA Paper 22266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:prg:jnlpep:v:preprint:id:529 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pavla Klepková Vodová & Daniel Stavárek, 2015. "Factors Affecting Sensitivity of Czech and Slovak Commercial Banks to Bank Run," Working Papers 0020, Silesian University, School of Business Administration.
- Tarron Khemraj, 2009.
"Excess liquidity and the foreign currency constraint: the case of monetary management in Guyana,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(16), pages 2073-2084.
- Khemraj, Tarron, 2008. "Excess Liquidity and the Foreign Currency Constraint: The Case of Monetary Management in Guyana," MPRA Paper 53127, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavla Vodová, 2015. "To Lend or to Borrow on the Interbank Market: What Matters for Commercial Banks in the Visegrad Countries," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(6), pages 662-677.
- Anderson-Reid, Karen, 2011. "Excess reserves in Jamaican Commercial Banks: The implications for Monetary Policy," MPRA Paper 43663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Primus, Keyra, 2013. "Excess Reserves, Monetary Policy and Financial Volatility," MPRA Paper 51670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jana Lastuvkova, 2015. "Determinants of the Slovak bank liquidity flows," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2015-51, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Khemraj, Tarron & Primus, Keyra, 2013. "Testing for the Credit Crunch in Trinidad and Tobago Using an Alternative Method," MPRA Paper 47372, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:41:y:2005:i:4:p:542-557. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.