Cultural Effects and Savings: Evidence from Immigrants to the United Arab Emirates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khaled Hussein & A. P. Thirlwall, 1999.
"Explaining differences in the domestic savings ratio across countries: A panel data study,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 31-52.
- Khaled A. Hussein & A.P. Thirlwall, 1999. "Explaining Differences in the Domestic Savings Ratio Across Countries: A Panel Data Study," Studies in Economics 9904, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Carroll, Christopher D & Rhee, Byung-Kun & Rhee, Changyong, 1999.
"Does Cultural Origin Affect Saving Behavior? Evidence from Immigrants,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 33-50, October.
- Christopher D Carroll & Byung-Kun Rhee & Changyong Rhee, 1998. "Does Cultural Origin Affect Saving Behaviour? Evidence From Immigrants," Economics Working Paper Archive 401, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Byung-Kun Rhee & Changyong Rhee, 1998. "Does Cultural Origin Affect Saving Behavior? Evidence from Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 6568, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1994.
"How does Future Income Affect Current Consumption?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 111-147.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1992. "How does future income affect current consumption?," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 126, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1992.
- James M. Poterba, 1994. "International Comparisons of Household Saving," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number pote94-1, October.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1995. "Why are Saving Rates so Different Across Countries?: An International Comparative Analysis," NBER Working Papers 5097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Levine, Ross, 1996.
"Stock Market Development and Financial Intermediaries: Stylized Facts,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 291-321, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1995. "Stock market development and financial intermediaries : stylized facts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1462, The World Bank.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Byung-Kun Rhee & Changyong Rhee, 1994. "Are There Cultural Effects on Saving? Some Cross-Sectional Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 685-699.
- Stark, Oded, 2000.
"On a Variation in the Economic Performance of Migrants by their Home Country's Wage,"
281248, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Stark, Oded, 2002. "On a Variation in the Economic Performance of Migrants by their Home Country's Wage," MPRA Paper 21682, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mwega, Francis M, 1997. "Saving in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Comparative Analysis," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 6(3), pages 199-228, Supplemen.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Castro Campos & C. Kool & J. Muysken, 2013.
"Cross-Country Private Saving Heterogeneity and Culture,"
Springer, vol. 161(2), pages 101-120, June.
- de Castro Campos, M. & Kool, C.J.M. & Muysken, J., 2013. "Cross-country private saving heterogeneity and culture," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- M. de Castro Campos & C.J.M. Kool & J. Muysken, 2013. "Cross-Country Private Saving Heterogeneity and Culture," Working Papers 13-02, Utrecht School of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:39:y:2003:i:5:p:139-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.