Forecasting Performance of Information Criteria with Many Macro Series
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gergely Akos Ganics, 2017. "Optimal density forecast combinations," Working Papers 1751, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Carlos A. Medel, 2015.
"Probabilidad Clásica de Sobreajuste con Criterios de Información: Estimaciones con Series Macroeconómicas Chilenas,"
Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review,
Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business, vol. 30(1), pages 57-72, Abril.
- Carlos Medel, 2014. "Probabilidad Clásica de Sobreajuste con Criterios de Información: Estimaciones con Series Macroeconómicas Chilenas," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 735, Central Bank of Chile.
- Medel, Carlos A., 2014.
"Probabilidad Clásica de Sobreajuste con Criterios de Información: Estimaciones con Series Macroeconómicas Chilenas
[Classical Probability of Overfitting with Information Criteria: Estimations with ," MPRA Paper 57401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos A. Medel, 2013.
"How informative are in-sample information criteria to forecasting? The case of Chilean GDP,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 50(1), pages 133-161, May.
- Carlos Medel, 2012. "How Informative are In–Sample Information Criteria to Forecasting? The Case of Chilean GDP," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 657, Central Bank of Chile.
- Medel, Carlos A., 2012. "How informative are in-sample information criteria to forecasting? the case of Chilean GDP," MPRA Paper 35949, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Medel, Carlos A. & Salgado, Sergio C., 2012. "Does BIC Estimate and Forecast Better than AIC?," MPRA Paper 42235, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Todd E. Clark & Michael W. McCracken, 2001. "Evaluating long-horizon forecasts," Research Working Paper RWP 01-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Nikolay Robinzonov & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2010.
"Freedom of Choice in Macroeconomic Forecasting ,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 56(2), pages 192-220, June.
- Nikolay Robinzonov & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2008. "Freedom of Choice in Macroeconomic Forecasting: An Illustration with German Industrial Production and Linear Models," ifo Working Paper Series 57, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- repec:lrk:eeaart:35_2_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- McLeod, A. Ian & Zhang, Ying, 2008. "Improved Subset Autoregression: With R Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 28(i02).
- Pablo M. Pincheira & Carlos A. Medel, 2015. "Forecasting Inflation with a Simple and Accurate Benchmark: The Case of the US and a Set of Inflation Targeting Countries," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 65(1), pages 2-29, January.
- Nezir Kose & Nuri Ucar, 2006. "Effect of cross correlations in error terms on the model selection criteria for the stationary VAR process," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 223-228.
- Elif Cepni & Nezir Kose, 2006. "Assessing the Currency Crises in Turkey," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 6(1), pages 37-64.
More about this item
KeywordsLarge macro model; information criterion; AIC; BIC;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:japsta:v:31:y:2004:i:10:p:1227-1240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CJAS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.